Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembling V-Wheel with Makerslide

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
492 Views, 3 Replies

Assembling V-Wheel with Makerslide

Hello,

I'm new to inventor, have some basic designing skill by watching some youtube videos. I'm trying to design a 3d-printer. In which I have to place a V-Wheel on top of maker slide

inv1.pngAssembly requiredAssembly required

I've tried to assemble it after watching several videos, but none of it worked. Last picture is how it should look like. I moved the v -wheel manually on top of makerslide.

Here's the link to files,

V-Wheel

Makeslide

Thanks

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Scott_Parker
in reply to: Anonymous

I was able to create constrain it by using constraints between the mating faces.

Thanks,

Scott Parker

Scott Parker
Principal Software Engineer
Message 3 of 4
jhackney1972
in reply to: Anonymous

I assume you have the parts already converted and placed in your assembly.  The wheel is constrained to the track using two Tangent constrains.  After you place each one you may have to flip the solution to get what you desire.  Take a look at the screencast for the process.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: jhackney1972

@jhackney1972 Thank you so much. I was about to edit question and request someone to put a video in their answer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report