Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrowheads display outside dimension with "Arrowheads Inside" option checked

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2045 Views, 5 Replies

Arrowheads display outside dimension with "Arrowheads Inside" option checked

Hello,

I have very recently started using Inventor and came across an issue with arrowhead placement on a drawing. The attached picture displays a 0.25" dimension with the arrowheads placed ouside of the length. I would like to display this with the arrowheads inside the length. To do this, I checked the "Arrowheads Inside" option, yet this did not solve my issue. I found that if I varied the dimension length to be greater than 0.30", it would place the arrowheads inside but if it was smaller than 0.30" the issue would persist. 

Is it possible to place the arrowheads inside with a dimension this small, and if so how do I do this?

Arrowhead Placement Issue

Thanks,

-Joe

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hossaiy
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Joe and welcome!

to answer your question, it is possible. I have made a video (below) showing how you can change the size of the arrow heads. However this may make the arrow heads a bit too small.

As an alternative, I have also shown another approach you might want to take (~37 seconds into the video), just in-case it hasn't already been considered.

Hope it helps.

Yacoub Hossain
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: hossaiy

Thank you for the help, this fixed my problem.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: hossaiy

This changes the style of all arrowheads and isn't really the solution, not that I have the solution.

But the function is just nog working correctly, when you select arrowheads inside they should move inside, even if the arrowheads don't fit, that is what it should do.

Message 5 of 6
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! I could be wrong but I am not 100% sure your issue is the same as this old thread. Do you mind posting a new thread and sharing an example file? I thought we had a bug preventing it from working correctly. It was fixed in later releases. But, I need to confirm with your files.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I'll make a new thread 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report