Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Options when offline

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
756 Views, 3 Replies

Application Options when offline

I'm running Inventor 2020.  My Application Options are referencing various files on our network (Design Data, Symbol Library, VBA project, etc.).  If I use Inventor offline, my Application Options are getting reset.  I understand that it can't find the network files, and I'm fine working without them on the rare occasions that I can't access the network...but is there a way to make sure my original Application Options load the next time I start-up on the network?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Frederick_Law
in reply to: Anonymous

Set network location in Project.

Set another Project for working offline.

Set Application Option with local file location.

Message 3 of 4
jtylerbc

Another option would be to export both versions of your Application Options, and Import from the appropriate XML file depending on where you are.  This is a method we previously used at my company.  @Frederick_Law 's method would not have worked well for us, since we use project files on a per-job basis.

We later replaced this with a VBA macro that could switch between Local and Network modes.  This streamlined the process a bit.

Due to other changes in our setup, we no longer use either of these.  But they worked reasonably well during the time period when we did use them.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Both good options we can work with.  Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report