Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyway to remove Parentheses

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
BearsFan
231 Views, 1 Reply

Anyway to remove Parentheses

So the age old, Items in parentheses have been removed.  Great except I need to add one of these items to my assembly. I don't mind that it gives me that warning, just how it appears in my BOM. Now in my BOM, it shows it in parentheses.  Seeing as nothing else in my BOM is in parentheses, I am preparing for the slew of questions that will be incoming.  "Why is this in parentheses?"

Is there a way to hide the parenthesis?  I'm guessing there is no way to do what I am asking.  I know I can copy the content center and blah be de blah, but I'd rather not copy every single library just to remove parenthesis.  I'm asking if there is a built in solution to a problem they created.

And I found out why they appear in parenthesis, if you're wondering see below.  I'm not concerned with that, thanks.  Just concerned with a method to fix this.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/insert-frame-member-sizes-in-parentheses-have-been-wit...

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CGBenner
in reply to: BearsFan

@BearsFan 

You're correct, there is no built in way to remove these.  Copying the library and making the changes needed is the best way to change the library itself.  BUT...  if you only ever need to use these "withdrawn" sizes occasionally, they could also be placed in your assembly "As Custom", and then modify the iProperties on the individual pieces you place so that they appear in your BOM as you want.

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report