Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to download *.idcl (Content Center) files for Inventor 2017?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
564 Views, 3 Replies

Any way to download *.idcl (Content Center) files for Inventor 2017?

I'm dealing with an instance of Inventor that is installed from a central corporate server, so I don't have access to the installer to modify my local copy. Our IT folks have decided that Content Center files are optional and don't include them in the install. Is there any way I can download those files for desktop use? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

IDCL files are in the installation media.   There's not a direct download for these.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 4
Frederick_Law

They're total around 5GB of files.

Compressed to 1.8GB.

Message 4 of 4
JDMather

Browser Download the 3 install files.

Inventor 2017.png

Double click on 001 of 003 to start the extraction process.

Follow through with Install.exe as though you were going to install 2017.

You will eventually be presented a window with the options to install, Install 2017 will be detected as already installed and grayed out.

But the radio button for Desktop Content (Content Center) can be selected and then continue from there.

I did all of this recently on a computer that hadn't had CC installed and I am going from memory.

The process might differ slightly from what I have outlined as my memory isn't what it used to be.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report