Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any updated on LOD for Part files?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
james.burrow
305 Views, 2 Replies

Any updated on LOD for Part files?

Have there been any new developments on when Level of Detail for Parts will roll out? It was accepted in the Ideas forum and has been requested for quite a few years now. I know in my company we have 50-100 engineers clamoring for years for the part LOD roll-out. We do a lot of machining and casting operations that need to be clearly represented in stages on shop drawings. iParts have not been up to the challenge and derive parts are a headache to manage in a large office

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Yijiang.Cai
in reply to: james.burrow

iPart is the first idea coming to me. But it looks that it does not work for you. Maybe we could consider to use iLogic to generate different configurations based on the inputs. This is more like a requirement on part configurations.

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com
Message 3 of 3
SteveMDennis
in reply to: james.burrow

James,

We are still looking into this. Accepted  on Ideas Forum does not necessarily mean it is imminent, it means we agree with the Idea and are investigating/evaluating.

As to this specific request it is a BIG add for Inventor. We cannot simply "port" LODs to parts from assemblies, first LOD has some well known limitations that we need to address and second the architecture is not exactly the same.

So in short, we continue to invest in LODs for parts (we are calling it Alternate Reps) but we cannot commit to a delivery,  but rest assured it is high on our list.

Steve Dennis
Sr. Principal Engineer
Inventor
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report