Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Angled work planes

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
22373 Views, 2 Replies

Angled work planes

How do I make an angled work plane relevant to a another work plane. I would like to put in the angle measurement.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: Anonymous

You need any (sketched) line or a staight edge. Then you can select this line and the 1st workplane and will be asked for the angle.

cadder

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

So, there are a couple ways you can do this, depending on what your file looks like and what plane you need. I would say that your best option is "Angle to Plane around Edge", which can be reached by clicking the down arrow under the Plane tool in Work Features. Select the plane that you want the new plane to be relevant to, then you need to select an edge. It can be an edge of the part you're working with or an Origin axis. You may need to create a line in a new sketch or create a new axis, depending on how you want the plane rotated. From there, you can enter the angle of rotation and you should be set! (By the way, if the plane isn't the right size, right click the new work plane in the model browser and check "Auto-Resize".)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report