Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aligning and Combining Multiple Solid Bodies

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1327 Views, 6 Replies

Aligning and Combining Multiple Solid Bodies

Hi. I am a beginner in using Inventor and am busy creating the attached part. I am struggling to align and then combine the highlighted segments. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, JustinAlign and Combine Help.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: Anonymous

Direct Edit Move/Rotate via reference 

or

assembly constraints and then Derive into a part.

Attach your file(s) here if you can’t figure it out.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

Thank you for your response, I have tried the assembly method, constraining center lines, however this leads to the parts rotating weirdly. 

UPDATE: I have tried the direct move as well, still to no avail Smiley Sad

Herewith original ipt.

Message 4 of 7
WHolzwarth

Hmm. A crankshaft normally has a common rotation axis. Perhaps like this (2019 IPT) ?

Crankshaft.jpg

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: WHolzwarth

Hi Walter this is exactly what I was trying to do - THANK YOU VERY MUCH 🙂 🙂 Might I ask how to where able to mirror and rotate the original extruded part. I was able to mirror but unable to rotate the mirrored part - did you do it via the "Direct" command? 

Message 6 of 7
WHolzwarth

In cases like this it's best working with individual solids, and boolean combining them later.

This way I could mirror them (Option body, result as new body). Next step was selecting both outer bodies at once and rotating them 180° using Direct edit. In the end a boolean join back to a single body.

Move EOP (End of part) up in the model browser and then down line by line for following the workflow

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: WHolzwarth

Thank you very muchSmiley Very Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report