Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aligning abstract shapes to centerpoint

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
236 Views, 1 Reply

Aligning abstract shapes to centerpoint

I'm looking at a workflow where I need to emboss various logos on the circular "tip" of a basically cylindrical piece. So, I can make vectors and output dxf in Inkscape as described here but when it comes to aligning them to Inventor geometry I'm faced with a rather tedious and unreliable process. For instance, I can move the various paths relative to circle center but I can't make them all equidistant from circle center, because they're far from uniform and selecting them all at the same time doesn't align things accurately either. The "project underlay" system doesn't seem to work on DXF, only DWG, The best I can think of is enclosing the whole logo in a circle in Inkscape or enclosing the individual shape in circles. Does anyone have any other suggestions? 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jtylerbc
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm not absolutely sure I understand the question, so this may not be quite what you're looking for. 

What about grouping the objects that make up the logo together as a Sketch Block?  Then the whole logo will move together as a single item, and can be constrained as necessary to position it without messing up the geometry of the logo.

On another note:

@Anonymous wrote:

The "project underlay" system doesn't seem to work on DXF, only DWG,

If you already have a DXF, you're one "Save As" in AutoCAD away from having a DWG.  So if an underlay would solve your original problem, it shouldn't be hard to make that happen.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report