Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aerodynamic Simulation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
5230 Views, 1 Reply

Aerodynamic Simulation

I'm a high school shop teacher.  I am having my freshman drafting students design CO2 powered cars on Inventor or possibly Fusion 360 (I teach both programs).  The students are fairly competent with the software, I was planning on having them design the bodies of the cars and then assemble the complete cars, i.e., drawing in the kit wheels and axles etc., and putting it together as an assembly, and maybe even creating an animation of it.  I think it would be a great learning experience for them to be able to run an aerodynamic simulation on the cars in the program in order to make modifications to their designs before they build.  I have heard of CFD, and was wondering if that might be an option, or if it would be way over their heads, or if there was already a way to run a simulation like that in the program I am not aware of.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! Inventor Pro by itself does not have the ability to do CFD analysis. You will need CFD Ultimate.

https://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/cfd-2

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report