Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADMS cannot find server

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jolley
252 Views, 5 Replies

ADMS cannot find server

INV 11 SP2
Suddenly we are unable to use the CC because the ADMS could not find the server(see image). We run a network license, but not vault.

This happened to us a few months ago and our local reseller didn't know why. We ended up having to re-install ADMS on the server.

Now we can always repeat this, but I was wondering if anyone has any other ideas?

Thanks
Paul
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jolley

1. Use the IP address of the server instead of server name.

2. Possibly the server backup software is shutting off the ADMS service,
then not turning the service back on after backup.

3. Someone (IT) may have uninstalled ADMS.

In any event, a good reseller tech should have known this,

--
Dennis Jeffrey, Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert
Autodesk Manufacturing Implementation Certified Expert.
Instructor/Author/Sr. App Engr.
AIP 2008 SP2, AIP 2009 PcCillin AV
HP zv5000 AMD64 2GB
Geforce Go 440, Driver: .8185
XP Pro SP2, Windows XP Silver Theme
http://teknigroup.com
wrote in message news:5991748@discussion.autodesk.com...
INV 11 SP2
Suddenly we are unable to use the CC because the ADMS could not find the
server(see image). We run a network license, but not vault.

This happened to us a few months ago and our local reseller didn't know why
We ended up having to re-install ADMS on the server.

Now we can always repeat this, but I was wondering if anyone has any other
ideas?

Thanks
Paul
Message 3 of 6
jolley

Thanks Dennis,
I tried number 1 but it didn't work for me. We have just completed a repair installation and all's well again.

I'll pass on your suggestions to our IT guys for future reference.

Paul
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Have you tried reinstalling DOTNET

jolley wrote:
> INV 11 SP2
> Suddenly we are unable to use the CC because the ADMS could not find the server(see image). We run a network license, but not vault.
>
> This happened to us a few months ago and our local reseller didn't know why. We ended up having to re-install ADMS on the server.
>
> Now we can always repeat this, but I was wondering if anyone has any other ideas?
>
> Thanks
> Paul
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

--
The content of this email (and any attachment/s) is/are confidential. It/They may also be legally privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.

This email (and any attachment/s) may not be used by any person/s that is/are not an original intended recipient, nor may it be copied or disclosed in any way to any person/s by any person/s that is/are not an original intended recipient.

If you have received this email and are not an original intended recipient, or by mistake please notify me by email, and then delete the email and any copies from your system.

Liability cannot be accepted for any damage to your computer caused by either virus or malware or any compromised data this email was scanned for all know virus, malware and spyware prior to dispatch and on its journey through the BT/Yahoo system
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Hi there Jolley, I had the same problem you are having. I had to uninstall ADMS to get it to work and it was because IIS was installed after ADMS console was. Here is the link to the thread hope it helps.

http://discussion.autodesk.com/adskcsp/thread.jspa?messageID=5906393

-Nate Meyer
Message 6 of 6
jolley

Thanks guys for the help. We are now back working after a re-install. I've got the IT people looking into the IIS to see if they changed anything there!

Cheers
Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report