Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding iMates to custom Content Center parts

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
3D4Play
525 Views, 2 Replies

Adding iMates to custom Content Center parts

I want to add iMates to an existing custom content center part. Is it true that I will need to completely republish the part - i.e. delete the existing library, then go through the publish process fresh - or is there a way to "tell" the library to reference the updated base component, after I add the iMates? At first, I thought "Replace family template" might be powerful mojo for this, but it didn't work the way I hoped. If the answer is "yes, that's true", no problem.  If the answer is "there's a way to do it", can someone please point me to the secret entrance to the vault where this information is stored?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
James_Willo
in reply to: 3D4Play

Hi Richard, replace family should be the way to do this, but I don't have time to try it right now. 

From memory, the way to do this is to place the part as a 'custom' into an assembly.

Open the part.

Add your iMate.

Save.

Now do a replace family and select the file you just altered.

Replace family won't work with a modified version of your original file, or any other file, it has to be a part placed as custom

James_Willo_0-1644216936869.png

If that doesn't work, let me know!

James W
Inventor UX Designer
Message 3 of 3
3D4Play
in reply to: 3D4Play

That worked, thank you. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report