Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Dependent Parameter Values to iPart Table

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1253 Views, 3 Replies

Adding Dependent Parameter Values to iPart Table

I have created a sheet metal iPart of a conical ring. The only parameters that I actually need to make each member of the iPart family are: top diameter, bottom diameter, thickness, and height. However, I would like to make a tabulated drawing of the flat pattern that includes a table showing the length and width of each flat pattern in the iPart family.

I am able to make a table in the drawing that shows the user inputed data for each iPart member (i.e., top diameter, bottom diameter, thickness, and height.). I need to be able to add columns for the length and width of each flat pattern.

I need either a way to do this on the drawing, or a way to add dependent values to the iPart table since if these values are included in the iPart table they will be easy to include on the drawing table.

In general terms, I need a way to make a table in a drawing with a column that shows the value of a dependent measurement for each iPart in a family.

Hope this makes my problem clear. Thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! I don't think there is a workflow allowing you to add dependent attributes or values to the iPart table. The issue here is that, it creates a cyclic relationship. The table is supposed to drive members. If there are values on the table depending on members, the table will never be up-to-date. It will have to be updated after member is updated. The cycle will go over again and again.

However, there is a workflow using PartsList instead. If the parameters driving the members are all exported (as custom iProperties), you can simply create a partslist pointing to an assembly containing all members. Flat pattern area, length, and width, are all accessible as custom iProperties. See attached example.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Could you create custom parameters that solve for those values mathematically then export those parameters and reference them in the table?

That seems like it would work to me.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Johnson, that sounds like it would accomplish what I'm trying to do, thank you. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to open your example (possibly since I'm using Inventor '14). I was wondering how you were able to access flat pattern area, length, and width as custom iProperties.

One thing I tried was creating a sketch on the flat pattern, making driven dimensions where I needed them, and renaming and exporting the dimensions under parameters to find them in the custom iProperties page. However, while this does allow me to switch between parts in the iPart factory and see the custom iProperties update appropriately, when making a drawing only the values of length and width of the active model in the iPart appear. All of the rows under the custom property columns have values identical to that of the active part instead of having their indivdual values.

Did you have a different way of accessing the flat pattern dimensions?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report