Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding custom washers to the content center to be used in the bolted connection wizzard

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tim_heuker3YKA8
468 Views, 3 Replies

Adding custom washers to the content center to be used in the bolted connection wizzard

Hello everyone,

I want to add my own part for Nord Lock washers to the content center so that the designers of our company can use it with ease in a bolted connection.

So far I was able to add the custom part with family tree and all to the content center. This allowes me to add the washer in the assembly via "Place From Content Center". So far so good.

But when I open up the bolted connection wizzard an try to add the custome washer, it doesn't seem te appear in the list of parts (see screenshots below).

Can someone help me stap-by-step and find a solution for this issue?

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Tim Heuker

Bolted connection close up.png

Content center - Safety washer close up.png

Family properties - General.png

Family properties - Link.png

Family properties - Parameter mapping.png

Washer - Family Table.png

      

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Part 1: Creating an iPart

To create an iPart of your washer, follow these steps:

• Make a 3D model of your washer with all its dimensions and dimension names. Using dimension names can make it easier to modify the iPart later on.
  • Create your part as an iPart by going to Manage > Author > Create iPart.
  • Import all dimensions that will change by changing your part, size or Part No.
  • Add rows or columns to a table and fill in the data for each size of washer, including the part number, description, member, outer diameter, inner diameter, and thickness. Here's an example of what your table might look like:

jaiminja3_0-1681548946003.png

I have also add d8 dimension, right click on d8 column then select Custom Parameter Column & Specify Range for column Then add same value of d8 in Minimum ≤ & ≤ Maximum box (for my case its 0.00 deg), press ok then again press ok I iPart Author.

Note: Step which include d8 is totally optional

Now, you have all the washers in a single file with their respective part numbers.

jaiminja3_0-1681548318508.png

Part 2: Publishing the Part in Content Center

Close all parts, go to project>Configure Content Centre Library >Create Library (give name of your company or anything else) Press ok save project

Go to the Manage>Editor> select your library (which is made from project) & design your library with folder and sub folder as you want or manage your library data

Now Open your iPart and follow these steps

Select

• Publish part
  • Select Library (Your Library) & Language, Next>
  • Select the folder (from there you will able to access your part), Next >
  • Map Family Columns to category parameter (do nothing) , Next >
  • Now 1st select d8 and useà button then Description and send it into key column then Next >
  • Set Family Properties and Next >
  • If you want to change Thumbnail Then give path and Publish

Reason that I have use d8 as 0.00deg and set the custome value is

When I use Place from Content Centre and select that part and any size I will choose and press ok it will ask me to save the part, now I have to save this part in my folder then I will able to use that component, so next time when I open assembly from my pc or someone else’s PC which are generally connected with Server Or NAS I will never face issue for resolve part.

If you found this solution helpful, please don't forget to click the (accept) button to mark it as the accepted solution. This will help other community members who might encounter the same issue. Additionally, if you have found any value in this solution, please click the (like) button to show your appreciation.
If you have any doubts or questions, feel free to write a comment, and I will try my best to provide you with a solution.
Thank you for reading and happy designing!
Best regards,
Jaimin Patel

Message 3 of 4
mrB_Young
in reply to: tim_heuker3YKA8

I added Nord-lock washers by copying one of the standard/original washer libraries, and then edited the table to match the physical sizes as per Nord-Lock dimensions by changing the thickness, inner diameter and out diameter.

Would have been nice to make them look a bit more like Nord-Lock washers, but it was a very quick way to add them to the library.

Inventor user since 2009
Vault user since 2010
Message 4 of 4

Hi Tim!

Have you checked whether the appropriate boxes are checked to show the library you need in the Sweco standard?

Снимок экрана 2023-04-21 152938.pngСнимок экрана 2023-04-21 153013.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report