Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Vertex / Leader does not snap to a point

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
bgrochowalski
357 Views, 4 Replies

Add Vertex / Leader does not snap to a point

When I'm in a drawing and adding Text Leaders to points on a sketch, I am able to select the midpoint of a line for the leader to point to. However, if I add another leader that's going to the same text leader it no longer snaps to a point on the line but rather where ever I click on the line . 

How do I snap additional leaders to points on a drawing?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi! It should just work. The only logical reason is that you are trying to snap the additional leader to geometry on a different drawing view. That is not a supported workflow. All Inventor view annotations are view-specific. They cannot annotate between two views.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 5
jearhart082
in reply to: johnsonshiue

John, 

I have attached a screen recording documenting the issue.

When I click on "Add Vertex / Leader" from the drop down menu after right clicking on a preexisting Leader Text, the new leader does not snap to any points that are on the same view that is being referenced. I'm not sure if I'm missing something or if this is just the way it is. 

Please let me know. 

Thank you.

Message 4 of 5
ampster40
in reply to: jearhart082

Not sure if this is the same person as the OP but trying this in Inventor 2023, I can confirm that after placing the 1st leader then attempt to "Add Vertex / Leader" appears to cause snapping to anything to be disabled.  After wards both arrows perform the same as the person who posted a vid and would not snap (missing green dot indicating successful snap) but I could still drag the 1st leader placed back into position on the mid point.

There was a tiny but yet still visual clue it did snap to the center of the line but would not lock itself to that position.  That appears to be default behavior even with one leader.

HTH 

Message 5 of 5
jearhart082
in reply to: bgrochowalski

This is the original person who made the post (I was mistakenly on a different account). 

I did just find a work around to the problem we're talking about (see attached video). 

After I add another leader to a preexisting text leader I'm still unable to select any point on the line; however, after placing the leader on the line I can move the leader off of the line it was on and then move it back on to it and it will snap to intersection points and midpoints. 

This is only a workaround though, I feel like there should still be a better way to do this. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report