Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-In IFileName from Cadspec

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
mike
1284 Views, 8 Replies

Add-In IFileName from Cadspec

Hi all,

I have recently updated my Inventor Professional from 2018 to 2021.

I use the add-in IFileName from Cadspec to create sequential numbers for parts and assemblies and it used to work great with the 2018 version but since I moved to Inventor 2021 it's not the same.

The message "Waiting - Access Database is in use." constantly appears and the usual window to OK for a new number (Attachment 1) does not appear and the add-in gets locked.

I realise whenever I just open Inventor and go 'New - Standard Part / Standard Assembly" the window mentioned before appears normally (again attachment 1), however once this happens if I go to 'Place from content center' the library is never available (Attachment 2).

When this happens the only solution is to reopen the software and instead of creating a new part / assembly straightaway I need to go 'Projects - Configure Content Center Libraries' and load the Library (Attachment 3), but by doing that the add-in crashes and does not work anymore appearing the message mentioned above (Attachment 4). Whenever this happen the add-in gets locked and this extra file (.lck) appears in the same folder as the database file (.db3) of the Cadspec add-in (Attachment 5). 

Does anyone know a way to fix this issue or an alternative method to keep creating sequential numbers without using this Add-In?

Labels (4)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
johnsonshiue
in reply to: mike

Hi Mike,

I guess this add-in relies on Microsoft Access Database Engine. You need to install it on your machine. Please go to Microsoft to download it. Inventor used to install it on Inventor 2020 and earlier. But, this particular engine is no longer needed in Inventor and also Microsoft stops updating the component due to security concern.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 9
mike
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi @johnsonshiue ,

I already have the Microsoft Access Database Engine installed once I was using Inventor 2018 before.

I installed Inventor 2020 to check if the problem was still occuring in this version and it is the same as the 2021.

Do you have any clue of how to fix it or maybe another alternative for creating sequential numbers?

Message 4 of 9
johnsonshiue

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately, this may be the Add-In itself related. Please contact the vendor. In the meantime, you may want to go to Inventor App Store to check if there is another tool offering similar abilities.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 9
mike
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi @johnsonshiue ,

I got in touch with Cadspec and the Add-In is having some trouble indeed.

They withdrawn the IFileName for Inventor from the Autodesk App Exchange because they can not commit when the issue will be solved.

Thanks for your help!

Message 6 of 9

Hello, 

i would like to test the iFileName plug-in.
Unfortunately I can no longer download it.
Can you send me the installation file.
I'm using Inventor 2018, so it should still work.

Message 7 of 9

Hi @AusgelassenKomfortabelerFlamingo ,

The app isn't available for downloading at the moment, however I received an email from Cadspec 2 weeks ago saying they found and fixed the problem and the app is being reviewed by Autodesk being available again soon.

Hopefully it won't take too long.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Hi

App is now available for downloading.

Anybody tried it w Inventor 2020?

I still get error messages like Database file not found?

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Solved my own problem with assist from cadspec.

adding a \ to the end of the path ie

check that you have write access to that folder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report