Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add a column to our CC part

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
johan.degreef
410 Views, 7 Replies

add a column to our CC part

It seems as our elbow was created, only 2mm thickness was needed. Now we need to add other thickness. Is there a way to add that THICKNESS to our CC table?

many thanks

Screenshot_1.jpgScreenshot_2.jpg

Inventor 20250, Vault Professional 2025, Autocad Plant 3D 2024
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
CCarreiras
in reply to: johan.degreef

Hi!

Yes, is possible to add columns in Content Center editor for a custom or copied part.

But... i would do that outside de content center, editing the iPart and publish it again in contente center.
This way you could test changing all the variations before publishing.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
johan.degreef
in reply to: CCarreiras

@CCarreiras 

republishing? What does that mean for the 100's of parts that are already placed in previous projects?

Inventor 20250, Vault Professional 2025, Autocad Plant 3D 2024
Message 4 of 8
CCarreiras

Nothing... if the published part has the same name/part number consistent with the old one, etc, etc.

The "old childrens" created before will still exist in the content center folder defined in the project (ipj) file.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
cadman777
in reply to: CCarreiras

I could be wrong, but whenever I authored a new part of the same type (like bolts, pipes, structural shapes, etc.) I could not update the part in an assembly that used a previous/older version of the CC Family.

But if I had only a small change that needs to be made to a part Family, I just open one part and change it, then Update the Family Template. If the FamilyTable needed editing, then I did that too.

But to author a new part of the same type broke the link to same type parts in older assemblies.

Maybe this is fixed in the newer versions of Inventor?

UPDATE:

I misread your request.

Just pick one of the rows in the FamilyTable that most closely matches to what you want and RMB>Copy.

Then just below some row in the FamilyTable RMB>Insert Copied Rows.

Then change the values in your new row to suit.

That's all you need to do.

... Chris
Win 7 Pro 64 bit + IV 2010 Suite
ASUS X79 Deluxe
Intel i7 3820 4.4 O/C
64 Gig ADATA RAM
Nvidia Quadro M5000 8 Gig
3d Connexion Space Navigator
Message 6 of 8
A.Acheson

Hi @johan.degreef 

Copy all the rows needing the new schedule/thickness and manually change all the data in the the content center table. You may need to manually apply the thickness values if in formulas or text strings. Copy one row and check your changes are going through while keeping track of the row number. Corruption can occur if you input the incorrect values so just make small changes and test the outcome.  Alternative is to republish the part as @CCarreiras suggest but if you have already customized the table then this information will be lost

AAcheson_0-1685453569340.png

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan
Message 7 of 8
SBix26

If you can post your library file here (.idcl, Zipped), I'll try to do that for you.  Make sure you indicate which family, and also what version of Inventor.

Sam B

Inventor Pro 2024.0.1 | Windows 10 Home 22H2
autodesk-expert-elite-member-logo-1line-rgb-black.png

Message 8 of 8
A.Acheson

I think I misunderstood the question. Your missing the parameter Thickness in the table? if so you can create a new column and map the thickness parameter/model parameter controlling the thickness. 

AAcheson_0-1685477944140.png

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report