Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptivity Desyncing with Cable and Harness

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Jack_DuttonTM2JK
228 Views, 5 Replies

Adaptivity Desyncing with Cable and Harness

Hello, 

I've been trying to help a user here at my company with a problem he is having. Simply put, he has an assembly with multiple cable and harness files that are set to adaptive in one of the model states. He will check in the file to Vault one day, and open it the next and all of a sudden none of the files are adaptive anymore in any of the model states. Sometimes he will get an error message like below, but not always. Makes me think the Spreadsheet is consistently desyncing? 

Jack_DuttonTM2JK_0-1721155737248.png

I open the same model on my machine and it's fine. We've tried Re-getting, updating, inventor resetting, and re-installing his Inventor, but nothing has helped. 

Also just to get ahead of this, I cannot share the file due to company restriction, privately or otherwise. 

Thank you for any help you can offer. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi! I believe you have created new Model States or migrated old LODs to Model States. Adaptivity is only supported within Primary Model State.

If you like the old LOD workflows better, I suggest you copy the Model States to Design Views (right-click on each Model State -> Copy to Design View Rep) individually. Then delete the Model States.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 6

We do use different model states and it's true that adaptivity can only be in the primary, which is how we set up our cables. I've also confirmed that it is not LoD. I'm inclined to think it's not model states since it opens and works perfectly on my machine. Just not his. Which I'm surprised the re-installation didn't work.

Message 4 of 6

I actually have been doing some testing, and it looks like it only breaks (i.e. all of the cables will becomes unadaptive) when you open the file from Vault AND checking the file out when the prompt shows up. If you open the file from file explorer or Vault but don't check out until it hits the Inventor prompt it works. Peculiar....any ideas? 

Message 5 of 6

Hi Jack,

I will need to see an example. Please feel free to share the files in zip with me johnson.shiue@autodesk.com on a cloud drive of your choice.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 6

We were finally able to isolate the issue (sorta). One of our company add-ins was causing the strange behavior. I'm going to be digging in more as to why/what was causing it. This is particularly peculiar since this is the only user out of our 2-300 that get this error.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report