Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Issues

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
669 Views, 5 Replies

Activation Issues

Hello folks,
I started Inventor 2016 as I used to and chose "activate license" or something like that (sorry, atm. it's not possible to ensure what the button exactly was), I gave Serial Number + Product key that the program prompted to give.

Now I'm completely able to use my software, BUT: I'm receiving a new e-mail every single time when starting the software.

The e-mail includes the Activation code but the problem is that there is no possibility to paste the activation code anywhere that the e-mail(s) advice(s) to do.  Instructions of the e-mail(s) are as below:

Steps to activate.JPG

Thank You already beforehand!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
SBix26
in reply to: Anonymous

I think you'll get better and quicker response in the Installation & Licensing Forum.

Sam B

Message 3 of 6
Alessandra.G

Hi @Anonymous,

Your subscription is a desktop subscription, therefore you won't need an activation code to use this license.

In our systems it shows that you have indeed activated your product by using an activation code.

Could you please follow the steps in this article and activate the software only with your userID and password?

Let us know if it works with the steps above.

Alessandra G

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Alessandra.G

Hello, Alessandra G and Sam B & thanks for replies!

I tried to follow the advices written on the article . My user type seems to be "Purchaser is the User". It still seems that from the step 2, I should uninstall + re-install the software (and that would take hours to do...).

->Without unistalling, I could not find a way to activate the software only with my userID and password. The software makes the verification/activating automatically:
License is being verified.png

(<--After this view, everything is working correct with the exception of repetitive e-mails = should I just route the "activation e-mails" into my another folder (as adviced here ) , or to try something else?

Message 5 of 6
Paul-Mason

I agree the Activation Instructions are CONFUSING, like the copy and paste instruction I've never seen that work, the developers/programmers never think of updating these instructions or of including messages to tell us that the product has been successfuly/failed to authorize/registered.

Just may be in the far and distant future thay MIGHT get a round to that.

==============
Inventor 2025 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report