Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Home Screen

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
NigelHay
352 Views, 6 Replies

Accessing Home Screen

Here's a silly but annoying problem. When I have any number of files open in Inventor, I click on the Home Screen tab at the bottom L.H. of the screen to access the Home Screen. The Home Screen will flash up momentarily then the view reverts to whatever file I was looking at before. If I continue clicking on the tab, eventually, after perhaps 3 or 4 clicks, the Home Screen will display properly. This does not happen all the time, just often enough to be annoying. We have 2 other seats of Inventor & we have all experienced this at some time. We currently run Inv2024 but it also happened with Inv2023. Any thoughts?

Inv2024.

Win10 Pro 64Bit.

All updates automatic.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
johnsonshiue
in reply to: NigelHay

Hi Nigel,

I suspect the Home page is trying to update the file status and thumbnails. Where are your files stored? On a cloud drive or a local drive? How many recent files are shown (Tools -> App Options -> General -> Maximum number of recent documents)? The default is 50. Change it to 10. Does it work better now?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 7
NigelHay
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Templates, libraries & operating files are local, all parts, assemblies & drawings are on a server. The number of files on the home screen is set  to 100 but I regularly remove files that no longer need to be there. Currently there are 31 files on the home screen, 13 of those are pinned. I'll change the value in App Options, might take a while to notice any difference as it is a bit random.

Message 4 of 7
NigelHay
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I changed the number of recent documents & still had the same trouble although it only took a couple of clicks to open the home screen. It also remover 12 of the 13 pinned files so I now have to open & re-pin them. Luckily, most of them were still pinned in Inv2023 so I was able to open that & print a list of numbers.

Message 5 of 7
jeaton
in reply to: NigelHay

The GIF below demonstrates the issue. Only have a single file open appears to prevent the issue.

Untitled video.gif

Message 6 of 7
NigelHay
in reply to: jeaton

Yes, the same as I see, eventually Inventor gives in & shows the Home screen.

Message 7 of 7
CGBenner
in reply to: jeaton

@johnsonshiue 

Hi, it looks like this is still happening for these guys.  Is there anything else they can try to resolve this?

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report