Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

40 feet Container Mid surface problem

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Sanjay_Pandita
532 Views, 4 Replies

40 feet Container Mid surface problem

I am running FEA for 40 feet container.

As it is thin sheet=3mm so using Mid surface in Stress Analysis, I have attached model for reference with this e-mail.

There are some issues going on with this FEA and they are listed below for your reference:

1. Mesh generation shows  “Solid body could not be mapped back to any inventor entity” issue. Picture shown below
  1. I want to apply uniform pressure from inside on Floor.

But, pressure direction is showing from outside and am not able to change its direction. Picture attached below:

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
swalton
in reply to: Sanjay_Pandita

Why is the container modeled as a single part file?  Would it be built as an assembly on the shop floor?

You might try making a quick model to see if the mid-surface tool works better with an assembly.

Can you post your part?  You may have to use Window's .zip tool to attach it to your post.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 3 of 5

Your image shows application of one pressure load.

What if you apply the load as two separate loads? Can you change direction then?

Message 4 of 5
Sanjay_Pandita
in reply to: swalton

Thanks!!

Yes, it will be build as assembly but to reduce my engineering time was working in single part.

I tried it and it is giving me good result now compared to single part.

Message 5 of 5

Thanks.

I used negative sign for the pressure and it does come other side.

Mesh creation gets easy with the derive part way and it does mesh but it then separates in 6 different bodies and I preferred it to go with assembly method instead of single part.

Assembly way it is working fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report