Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D image distortion issue in hinge diagram

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cloudpowerbi
257 Views, 3 Replies

2D image distortion issue in hinge diagram

Hi, 

In the 2D structure created in inventor 2024, I added a new hinge as shown in the .pptx attached below but it caused distortion when I moved it up or down. 

Could you please suggest how I can rectify this, since I am new in the inventor tool and i have less exposure.

I have added my latest ipt file,my curve equation for hinge and a video record of the issue as an attachment.when i try to move the structure up or down, the whole structure of the hinge diagram in the left gets distorted.

Somehow it appears hinges curves are not equal as well, can you please suggest the changes i need to do ?

Kind regards

Amit

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Your sketch is missing 7 constrains/dimensions - because of this the form is destroyed.

Alexander_Chernikov_0-1717914762888.png

You also need to check the parameters of the formulas for the curves - they do not correspond to each other and cannot be aligned.

Alexander_Chernikov_1-1717914948105.png

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts! | Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button. | На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ"

Олександр Черніков / Alexander Chernikov

EESignature

Facebook | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 4

Thankyou  for the reply , as you mentioned " You also need to check the parameters of the formulas for the curves - they do not correspond to each other and cannot be aligned." .Could you please suggest me any change in my existing formula to align the curves?

My current curve formula used is as per the attached screenshot.

Message 4 of 4

The sketch is too complex, many dependencies are unclear.

Perhaps it would be worth making several simpler sequential sketches and combining them when creating 3D.

It is also unclear why the sqrt function is needed - if only to obtain a positive number, it would be better to take abs.

I corrected the formula parameters in the specified fragment of the part to -45 ... 45 and added the alignment dependencies.

Alexander_Chernikov_0-1717964327002.png

The corrected part (if that's what was meant) is attached.

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts! | Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button. | На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ"

Олександр Черніков / Alexander Chernikov

EESignature

Facebook | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report