Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 Release

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
Anonymous
21470 Views, 24 Replies

2019 Release

Usually by now there have been several "whats new" features about up-coming releases, but I have seen nothing at all related to Inventor 2019. Does anyone know what is happening and is there in fact going to be a 2019 release.

24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

http://beta.autodesk.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

I understand that there is a beta site, but is there any information on release timing.

Usually there would be several posts on "whats new" appearing on line from about November of the previous year.

Message 4 of 25
MSD_takaseh

Hello kata656,

I think the release timing is confidential at this moment but that is always from end of March to early April.
Also here is the What's New for Inventor 2019.

Thanks.

Hitoshi Takase
Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: MSD_takaseh

Hi again,

I understand that the actual release date is confidential (as always).

I am just not used to this level of secrecy with the new product. I have had product design suite now for 5 years and always found plenty of information on upcoming releases leading up to it for a couple of months. I never had to log into the beta program to get simple "whats planned" info. When I followed your "here" link, it advised that I am not authorized to access this resource.

Message 6 of 25
johnsonshiue

Hi! Related information about 2019 will be made public soon. To log on to Inventor Beta site, you will need to sign up Beta program and agree to the Beta usage agreement.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 25
The_Angry_Elf

My experience (going back to release 2) has always been hush hush. I don't think I've ever seen a "What's new" for an upcoming release posted in November. That's like 6 months in advance.

What I do know is with the current process of mid year releases of a produce, let's use 2018 for example, sometimes you'll get the advanced features in those releases. For example let's just say for the 2019 release, one of the features added (and I'm going out on a limb here just to avoid any possibility) is Virtual Reality design. Let's say they decided to include this as part of 2018's mid year release (2018.3). If you loaded 2018.3, you'd have it available as opposed to someone not loading the mid year release and waiting until the 2019 release....does that make sense?

Cheers,

Jim O'Flaherty
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Owner - Celtic Design Services, LLC - cdscad.com - An Autodesk Service Partner
We are available for hire. Please DM me or visit our website
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional * Autodesk Certified Instructor * Autodesk Expert Elite * AU Speaker 2015 through 2022 * AU Speaker Mentor
"Mr. O'Flaherty, never go into small computers. There's no future in them" - Dr. C.S. Choi circa 1984
Message 8 of 25
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi again,

I understand that the actual release date is confidential (as always).

I am just not used to this level of secrecy with the new product. 

Not sure what to tell you..

Its always been a secret with Autodesk and beta users are under an NDA until the day its released to the public..

Anyone giving out information now is in violation of the NDA contract.

So you will likely need to wait at least a few weeks 

Release dates are here and as you can see its typically end of March..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autodesk_Inventor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: The_Angry_Elf

Hi All and thanks for the replies.

I didn't mean secrecy relating to release dates, they have always been expected but unannounced until the event...no problem with that.

What I was referring to was the lack of "Whats New" pages I usually find on Google well prior to release.

It always made for interest and excitement leading up to the actual release.

Message 10 of 25
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All and thanks for the replies.

I didn't mean secrecy relating to release dates, they have always been expected but unannounced until the event...no problem with that.

What I was referring to was the lack of "Whats New" pages I usually find on Google well prior to release.

It always made for interest and excitement leading up to the actual release.

Like I said.. We are still under the NDA... No "Whats News" can be released until that isn't in effect anymore or has been lifted..

They can't comment on when that will be lifted either I don't believe.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 11 of 25
TheCADWhisperer

@Anonymous wrote:

....What I was referring to was the lack of "Whats New" pages I usually find on Google well prior to release.

I think what you have seen in prior years is beta users violating the NDA that they agreed to.

Perhaps the fact that you cannot find this information this year indicates that Autodesk finally kicked the violators out of the BETA program.

Message 12 of 25
Anonymous

2018 is in a deep beta state and they want to release 2019? ? ? Wow

Message 13 of 25
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:

2018 is in a deep beta state and they want to release 2019? ? ? Wow

aww.. how cute... You must be new to the software world... 

Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

Since 2010. 2010 and 2016 release performs much faster and more stable. 2018 prob worst release ever 🙂

Using i7-7700K 4.20 GHz; 64 GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1080Ti 11GB.

Message 15 of 25
coreyparks

Apparently you weren't around for version 5.  Service pack 3 was a complete uninstall and reinstall.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 16 of 25
johnsonshiue

Hi Kasparas,

Regarding the issues you encountered in 2018, do you mind referring me to any existing thread? Have you posted them here or contacted Autodesk Product Support? It is true that 2018 has issues. All releases have issues which is also a fact. We can even broaden the scope to all products having issues. What matters is how impactful those issues are and what to do with them.

You are entitled to your general comments. It is not true that Inventor 2010 or 2016 performed better than 2018. It is also not true that 2018 is so problematic that it cannot be used.

Instead of debating these generalized comments, I would like to focus on resolving issues. If possible, please let me know those unresolved issues. I am more than happy to take a look and understand them better.

Regarding 2019 or any new release, I wish we could be 100% transparent. But, there is accounting law dictating how new features or workflows can contribute to revenue. As a result, we cannot make it public yet. The team is aware of the need to communicate the current development state with users. It is why we have a very active and highly participated Beta program. We are also planning to make product roadmap public. It is undergoing legal review.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 17 of 25
mcgyvr
in reply to: johnsonshiue

and 2019 will have plenty of issues too.. Smiley Wink guaranteed... 

Message 18 of 25
The_Angry_Elf
in reply to: coreyparks

I stumbled across my box of Inventor 5.3  few weeks back while packing up for a move....aaaahhh...the good ole days.

Cheers,

Jim O'Flaherty
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Owner - Celtic Design Services, LLC - cdscad.com - An Autodesk Service Partner
We are available for hire. Please DM me or visit our website
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional * Autodesk Certified Instructor * Autodesk Expert Elite * AU Speaker 2015 through 2022 * AU Speaker Mentor
"Mr. O'Flaherty, never go into small computers. There's no future in them" - Dr. C.S. Choi circa 1984
Message 19 of 25
johnsonshiue
in reply to: mcgyvr

Hi Brian,

I certainly hope that is not the case. As you know, I cannot make any guarantee. But, I hope your guarantee is wrong. I think every release is better than its predecessors.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 20 of 25
mcgyvr
in reply to: johnsonshiue

@johnsonshiue wrote:

Hi Brian,

I certainly hope that is not the case. As you know, I cannot make any guarantee. But, I hope your guarantee is wrong. I think every release is better than its predecessors.

Many thanks!

I hope I'm wrong too.. But history has proven its HIGHLY unlikely I'm not.. Smiley Wink

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report