Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019- Half-Section View not working with Shaded with Edges

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
bcburns24
1000 Views, 10 Replies

2019- Half-Section View not working with Shaded with Edges

I prefer working with Shaded with Edges. Problem is, when I switched to Inventor 2019 (maybe this isn't specifically the issue, but worth noting) and started looking at half section views, I can no longer see the edge lines that divide one part from another mating part. Most of my assemblies are 1018 Steel mating parts, would prefer to not have to manually change the colors of mating parts 1by1 to be able to clearly see my assemblies in cut views.

I have found that switching my Application Options-Hardware settings from Quality or Performance down to Conservative fixes the issue, but now I just have to work with much lower quality visuals. One would think that the higher performing hardware settings would yield the cleanest/clearest results. 

Any fixes for this?

Comp Specs

Lenovo Thinkstation

Windows 10 Pro

Intel i7-7700K 4.2GHz

32 GB RAM

NVIDIA Quadro P2000

Cut View in Performance or Quality Hardware SettingCut View in Performance or Quality Hardware Setting

Ideal Cut view with Shaded w/ Edges, Only works in Conservative Hardware SettingIdeal Cut view with Shaded w/ Edges, Only works in Conservative Hardware Setting

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Cadmanto
in reply to: bcburns24

Do you have all of your updates loaded?

Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2018

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 11
bcburns24
in reply to: Cadmanto

Ha! I'll be darned. I was up to date on updates as of a week or two ago. Just installed the Inventor 2019.2 Update, released 2 days ago and fixed an issue that's been bothering me for months. Cheers!

Message 4 of 11

I was having the same problem, but my solution was to updated the graphics driver.

I was missing this so much!!!!

Manuel Campos Costa
Message 5 of 11

I was wrong I can only see them now with conservative, before graphics update I couldn't see in any mode.

Any solution? I have the last version of inventor 2019 and installed the last certified graphic driver from autodesk.

Manuel Campos Costa
Message 6 of 11

Manuel Campos Costa
Message 7 of 11

Hi! Please confirm that you have already installed 2019.4 update followed by 2019.4.4 update. I am not sure what you meant by last update.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 8 of 11

My suggestion if you can, would be to upgrade to 2020 and see if you get the same results.

EE LOGO.png
Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2020

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 9 of 11

I think you are right see the image attached.

But I can't update, it says in Portuguese: the available updates are installed. 

What should I do?

Manuel Campos Costa
Message 10 of 11

Forget my last message, it was a problem with the login I was using that wasn't showing me updates.

I'm updating and then I will come back!

Thanks for the help

Manuel Campos Costa
Message 11 of 11

IT WORKED!! Thanks a lot!!!😁

I thought I was in the last version because it wasn't showing any updates, when you asked I verified in the help menu.

Manuel Campos Costa

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report