Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017-> 2022 compatibility?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Willem.smithUWEUR
397 Views, 1 Reply

2017-> 2022 compatibility?

I've been trying to get my hands on Inventor 2017 with no luck. I am trying to revert so I can work with someone using 2017. What are the actual compatibility limitations of the inventor assembly files? Is there a way to convert them from 2022 to 2017?

(assuming that getting my hands on 2017or having my guy upgrade are out of the question)  

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
swalton
in reply to: Willem.smithUWEUR

As I understand it, Inventor has very limited backwards compatibility.  

You can export 2022 3D files as .stp or other neutral format file and the 2017 user can open them.  However all browser features will be lost.  Drawings can be exported as AutoCAD dwgs or .dxfs for viewing with Inventor 2017.

Autodesk has published a feature recognition tool that the 2017 user may be able to use on the exported files.  I understand that it is only licensed to people using subscription or active maintenance plans.  Your 2017 user would have to have downloaded it before 2017 went EOL.  

Inventor 2022 will open up Inventor 2017 files just fine.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2024
Vault Professional 2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report