Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2010: No horizontal or vertical constraints while sketching anymore

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
934 Views, 14 Replies

2010: No horizontal or vertical constraints while sketching anymore

Somehow, when I sketch, Inventor no longer applies horizontal and vertical constraints anymore. I checked in Application Options / Sketch and the 2D sketch Constraint placement priority IS set for Horizontal and vertical, yet when I check the sketch, no constraints exist - not even parallel or perpendicular.

Now what have I gone and done?!?
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

See? No constraints.
Message 3 of 15
Steve_Bahr

While in sketch mode, check your Constraint Inference and Constraint Persistence toggles. You've turned them off somehow.

Steve

Steve Bahr...since 1962.

Thanks for the reply Steve, but I checked and they all appear to be on. Wierd.

See attached.
Message 5 of 15
Steve_Bahr

While in sketch mode, check your Constraint Inference and Constraint Persistence toggles. You've turned them off somehow. See attached. Edited by: Steve_Bahr on Jul 22, 2009 3:27 PM
Steve Bahr...since 1962.

Maybe your constraint inference got toggled off? Just my stab at it!

Rich

"dick_upton" wrote in message news:6222871@discussion.autodesk.com...
Thanks for the reply Steve, but I checked and they all appear to be on.
Wierd.

See attached.
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous

Am I missing something? Is there another checkbox somewhere other than the RMB --> Constraint Options dialogue?
Message 8 of 15
JDMather

>Am I missing something? Is there another checkbox somewhere other than the RMB --> Constraint Options dialogue?

Yes, there are buttons top of screen. This problem has been covered many many many times here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 9 of 15
JDMather

You should indicate what release you are using as the location of the buttons is slightly different in 2010 (Ribbon) than in 2009.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 10 of 15
Anonymous

Ok thanks Rich the light came on. It was constraint persistence. Nice tool if you know how to use it 😉

See attached.
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous

You're kidding right? I'll give you a few moments to discover what I'm talking about.

Are they hiring professors at your college? 😉 j/k
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous

> {quote:title=JDMather wrote:}{quote}
>>
> Yes, there are buttons top of screen. This problem has been covered many many many times here.

Ya know, there are several here that are guilty of this. Telling me that a problem has been already covered many times doesn't help me one damn bit.
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous

Thanks for your patience. Old guy here.
Message 14 of 15
JDMather

>Telling me that a problem has been already covered many times doesn't help me one damn bit.

Apparently not. How do you think the other old guys here answer the questions? They go through the Help>Whats New, they pay attention when they click on buttons and when a click doesn't do what they expected they hit F1, they search the forums.

I searched the forum cutting and pasting your very words and got these hits

http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/search.jspa?objID=f78&q=+no+longer+applies+horizontal+and+vertical+constraints+

See links 4 & 6 among others.

Message 15 of 15
Anonymous

Thank you sir.

Add me to your list of those duly chastised.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report