Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2010 Crash

28 REPLIES 28
Message 1 of 29
Anonymous
1093 Views, 28 Replies

2010 Crash

I just switched back to the ribbon because the help file references it
extensively. Now 2010 crashes randomly and there is no popup to send
information to Adesk. So I've read that the ribbon has caused problem with
2010 on some 32 bit systems. Is there any more information on a fix or a
hope of one. Should I give up on the ribbon and the help file (rather new
with Inventor)?

Rich
28 REPLIES 28
Message 21 of 29
michael.huang
in reply to: Anonymous

The 3Dx add-in provides some advanced function to Inventor, unloading add-in will disable these functions. But 3Dx could work in Inventor even without the add-in.

How to disable 3Dx add-In
1. Tools -> Add-Ins
2. Unloaded 3DxInventor addin in the Add-In Manager

Thanks,
-Michael
Message 22 of 29
Anonymous

Hi,

I have been having the same random 2010 crashes in 64bit environment. I didn't experience them with 2009. Only very occasionally does a crash report get generated. I have also been told it may be a ribbon problem, or a Space Navigator problem.

From previous experience with Autodesk, they won't admit to the existance of a general problem but will eventually get it sorted. Until then keep saving your work I guess.

Adrian (in UK)
Message 23 of 29
Anonymous

I just tried to download and install the new driver.
Now we will see if it prevents the crashes...

Brian, where did you find documentation regarding the driver?

Best regards,
Christian
Message 24 of 29
brian.cranston

Q) "Brian, where did you find documentation regarding the driver?"

A) I saw it in the release notes- section 2.1
Message 25 of 29
Anonymous

I just experienced the first Inventor 2010 crash with 3dconnexion driver 3.7.16, after about 2 hours use.

I give up... Oh, wait, I can't, I need my pay check, I 'll just save all the time and wonder to my self what the ... is going on? Is Autodesk trying to do something?

Best regards,
Chris
Message 26 of 29
Anonymous

I'd say it's probably a Space Navigator issue, not Autodesk's... I do not
run anything but a logitec mouse and I have had no crashes to desktop in
2010 in way over six months. Not on xp64, xp32 or on Vista 32.

--
Dennis Jeffrey, Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert
Autodesk Manufacturing Implementation Certified Expert.
Instructor/Author/Sr. App Engr. Tel. (260) 399-6615
AIP 2008 SP3, AIP 2009-SP2, IV2010 ProPcCillin AV
AMD 64 x2 3.0 Ghz, 8GB RAM GeForce 9800GT 512MB
XP Pro SP3, XP Pro64 SP2, Windows XP Silver Theme
http://teknigroup.com
Message 27 of 29
Anonymous

I wish the Autodesk help desk wouldn't treat there customers like they're a bunch of friggin idiots. I'd requested help on this issue a while back via subscription and they told me no one was having this problem but me; so I must be doing something wrong. Not happy with the BS answer; I posted the same issue on the message boards and one of the developers picked up on it and informed me it's a problem and a known issue.

While the new 3Dx software patch addresses the issue somewhat, it still doesn't run right. Inventor 2010 SP1 is on its way and will address this issue further I've been informed. So hurry up and wait!

I sense a need for anger management classes!
Message 28 of 29
whunter

I've been reading this post with a wry smile, I know how frustrating misbehaving software can be... as in, hit the monitor frustrating!

I used to Works with an application that wasn't always so Solid. In the end we bought very expensive hardware and graphics cards and that sort of solved the problem. Other guys in my office having the same hardware and software never had as many issues as I did. We then swapped desks, and my problem was solved, but the guy I swapped with now had a problem... I reinstalled everything (including OS) on my PC and that made a massive difference. You might want to try this as a last resort.

My experience with Inventor 2010/9 has been sterling with regards to stability (and otherwise), I've had one crash and admittedly I did something stupid.

FYI -
My PC: Dell Vostro 220, 2 Gig RAM, NVIDIA Quadro FX 570, 3DConnexion SpaceNavigator.
OS version: Vista business SP2, 32-bit
Drivers: All the latest ones (I check weekly).
AutoCAD Inventor Suite 2010

I use the SpaceNavigator extensively (F4 doesn't do it for me), no problems.

Good luck, hope you can sort it out.
--
Edit: And now a wry cry -- I've been having crashes about a day after this post... In my case it seems it is the SpaceNavigator's sw: unplugged it and no more crashes.

I didn't have problems previously, until I upgraded the SpcNav's software. Haven't rolled back the software to check. Edited by: whunter on Jul 22, 2009 7:56 PM
Message 29 of 29
mcgyvr

To those of you with Nvidia graphics cards and random crashes try this..it stopped the crashes for me. (so far)..
Go into the control panel>NView desktop manager>Applications tab and add Inventor.exe (from the "(Install directory)\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2010\Bin" folder) and disable all effects, (click disable and uncheck all the boxes) etc... Then you can disable nView again if you want or leave it enabled for other applications.
more info here http://www.inventor-certified.com/graphics/requirementsr12.php#Nview Edited by: mcgyvr on Jul 22, 2009 4:45 PM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report