Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 screens at different resolutions

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1082 Views, 5 Replies

2 screens at different resolutions

Hi all.

I recently went full retard and upgraded to a 27 inch 4k IPS and GTX 1660. I also have a 24 inch IPS positioned portrait and off to my left.

I like to have my browser and toolbars on the 24 inch, and have my 27 inch dead in front of me with the model space full screen.

I have read all the recommendations for Inventor on 4k, and played around with scaling, no scaling, overriding high DPI for Inventor etc. but I am not happy and get inconsistent results across the 2 screens. The 24 inch is blurry, especially if I RMB with my cursor on it.

I am thinking of working out the exact DPI of the 24 inch and creating a custom resolution for the 27 inch that will equate to the same DPI to get consistency across my screens.

Does anyone have ideas or a solution for this issue?

As an aside, a dark theme would be great for my eyeballs with this much screen real estate....

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

A blurry panel indicates a video resolution that is not the same as the native panel resolution. Every monitor should get a signal that corresponds to the native resolution of the panel. Every other setup will create a blurred image on either or both monitors. (Wasn't the case on good old CRT but those aren't coming back)

I found this problematic with the docking station of the last laptop I was working on. The monitor connected to the display port exit communicated correctly with the video signal. The second monitor connected to HDMI failed to communicate its native resolution to the computer. Result : one crisp image screen, one blurred.

Message 3 of 6
Frederick_Law

Scale should apply to the 4K display.  Don't change resolution.  Unless you can't get it to work.

The 24 should use native resolution.

I play with it on my laptop and 60" TV as second display.

Go through Windows 10 display settings and try everything.

They're in a few different areas in setting, System and Ease of Use.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Frederick_Law

ss.jpg

Here is a screenshot of my 2 screens (I use a black wallpaper) The interesting thing is that the browser and toolbar are scaled differently on the 24 inch. The RMB menu is also really tiny. the scaling on the 27 is 175%, and 100% on the 24. So the toolbar should be much bigger.

Message 5 of 6
Frederick_Law

Try Windows setting on increase Text size.

Also report to Autodesk of any UI element that don't scale.

When I use dual screen, I keep everything IV on same screen.

I think they don't scale properly when move to different screen.

4K is great for movies.

2.5K works better for computer.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Frederick_Law

Hi Pineapple..

I have set my 4 k to 2.5k, and gone with a 110% zoom, and a 110% text size. I am quite happy with the end result.

I am still putting my toolbar and browser on the second screen, I use the RMB menus and keyboard shortcuts for most commands so I prefer to not have them cluttering up my model space.

Blender (which is free) has scalable toolbars, come on Autodesk..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report