Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change color of drawing sheet

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1897 Views, 7 Replies

change color of drawing sheet

I have to change the color of the sheet inside a drawing file from default to white.
How can I do that?
I have to do that by a macro, but I cannot find the property that changes the color of the sheet.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Open the IDW file and then go to "Tools" > "Document Settings..." in the menu. then select the "Sheet " tab and change the color swatch for "Sheet" to white. Do this in your template file to have the same in all new drawings. -- Phil Kenewell ---------------------- Gage Designer North American Lighting, Inc. "fnatali" wrote in message news:30830972.1103288110183.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I have to change the color of the sheet inside a drawing file from default to white. > How can I do that? > I have to do that by a macro, but I cannot find the property that changes the color of the sheet.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

This I know but I'd like to change the color by a macro....my aid is to do a macro which automatically switches the color from default to white,then saves the file and switches the color to default again.
But I cannot find the property in VBA that is connected to the color of the sheet
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

"fnatali" a écrit dans le message de news:15571712.1103529164383.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > This I know but I'd like to change the color by a macro....my aid is to do a macro which automatically switches the color from default to white,then saves the file and switches the color to default again. > But I cannot find the property in VBA that is connected to the color of the sheet I'm facing a similar problem i think. I'd like to change the color of a drawing view ( an assembly or a part of an assembly in a drawing view in fact ) but i can't figure out where to find this kind of properties in the DrawingView object This might no be available yet, since DrawingView are quite new features in the API ... . nicolas
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Nobody answered me!!!!
Please someone give me an answer!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

I've been looking for this too...so far no luck.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

The API supports the setting the sheet color in R11. Note, however, that
this is controlled via a document setting and hence the color change applies
to all sheets in the document. Here is a sample (will work R11 onwards):

Sub SheetColor()
Dim oDoc As DrawingDocument
Set oDoc = ThisApplication.ActiveDocument

Dim oSheetSettings As SheetSettings
Set oSheetSettings = oDoc.SheetSettings

Dim oColor As Color
Set oColor = ThisApplication.TransientObjects.CreateColor(200, 200, 200)

oSheetSettings.SheetColor = oColor
End Sub

Sanjay-

wrote in message news:5251137@discussion.autodesk.com...
I've been looking for this too...so far no luck.
Message 8 of 8
jwoutersJC4LN

Hi there,

is there a way to change the code so the color can also be set back to the origin?

for example;

my sheet is yellow, set them to white and by pusing again, back to yellow?

regards,

Justin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report