Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working From Chromebook

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
7675 Views, 9 Replies

Working From Chromebook

Hey, I am a student and I have a Chromebook. I am fully aware that I can not install the programs but I am needing to run the programs and I was wondering if there were any other options for example online, or if there was any possible way to Install the programs.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
mdavis22569
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't think your Chromebook is going to meet the spec's required (as you mentioned)

Have you looked at:

https://web.autocad.com/login

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
mdavis22569

Can you also tell us the software ( I was guessing AutoCAD)

Other than AutoCAD, it's mostly likely not going to be possible.  You'd need a stronger (CPU / GPU) PC

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 4 of 10
DarrenP

you would have to run windows on your chrome book other wise there are limited options because of chrome OS

no solutions from Autodesk

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 5 of 10
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous, 

Thank you for participating in Answer Day! 😊

The Autodesk Extended Access Program provides all commands and tools in the AutoCAD web app to everyone including students, so I recommend using it in this case. Typically, the commands and tools in the AutoCAD web app are only available to AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT subscribers and are not available to students. 

This program also enabled Google Drive support in AutoCAD web today & is supported on the latest Google Chrome web browser version on Chromebooks. 

*To get set up with an Autodesk Account & have access to student software please review the "Steps for Setting-Up Student Software".  Make sure to select AutoCAD under the edu free software section to have it registered & available in your Autodesk Account. 

Here are some additional resources:

Extended Access Program: AutoCAD web app Questions and Answers

Extended Access Program: AutoCAD web app Product Resources

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

So there is no working online option or working off an app?
Message 7 of 10
DarrenP

what was suggested was the autocad web app but this has very limited functions compared to full Autocad or autocad lt

with the chromebook there are very limited options if any at all when it comes to Autodesk

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 8 of 10
mdavis22569

While limited is this possible to test:

Have you looked at:

https://web.autocad.com/login

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: natasha.l

I also have a Chromebook and I'm also a student, I can't download Maya which is what I need for one of my classes. So I'm just wondering is there any other programs I can use.
Message 10 of 10
DarrenP

this has been answered already

look at other vendor software for chromebook compatibility

DarrenP

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report