Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Autocad can't not run on Lenovo 910 YOGA

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
5290 Views, 6 Replies

Why Autocad can't not run on Lenovo 910 YOGA

I bought a new computer, Lenovo 910 YOGA, Intel i7-7500U 2.7G, RAM 16G

Why It can't run Both Autocad and Revit?

Can someone give me a help?

Thanks.

Specs.

Processor Speed:2.7GHz (Turbo Boost to 3.5GHz)Product Line:Lenovo
Memory:16GBType:Notebook/Laptop
Storage Type:SSD (Solid State Drive)Model:Yoga 910
Color:SilverOperating System:Windows 10 Pro
SSD Capacity:1TBOperating System Edition:Professional
Release Year:2017
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> Why It can't run Both Autocad and Revit?

Which version of Revit, which version of AutoCAD and what happens when you start any of them ...?

Also the version of Windows might be interesting.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I have Auto 2012,. After I installed it successfully into this new computer, I tried to draw a line and the program just shut off. I tried many many times but the same situation continuiously to happen. The Windows is 10 Pro.

I was wondering that maybe the Autocad 2012 is too old to run, so I downloaded the trail version of Autocad 2018. It's even worse, it couldn't even finish the installation and the installation process just terminated in about 1 minute.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Revit 2012 was successfully installed and I can open the sample files no problem.
After I operated few commands and then the program frozen. I need to close the program and open it again.
It frozen again and again.
Message 5 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I was wondering that maybe the Autocad 2012 is too old to run

AutoCAD 2016 was the first release for Window 10

I would go back to Windows 7 or run AutoCAD in a virtual system (Oracle VirtualBox, or VmWare), you might have luck if you mark the acad.exe to run in compatibility mode, but even then ... that is not a stable environment.

>> so I downloaded the trail version of Autocad 2018. It's even worse,

>> it couldn't even finish the installation

Again ... we need to know what you see, I'm sure you have got a warning or error message or at least a log-file. As we are not sitting in front of your system we need to get that info's forwarded.

A general option in case of installation troubles (often because the installation was done by the internet-installer) is to download the software from Autodesk Virtual Agent >>>click<<< and when the download is finished then login as administrator, turn off antivirus, start the installer-exe with a right-click and "start as administrator"

But before you install 2018 make sure the old versions of Revit and AutoCAD are uninstalled (and cleaned from the system >>>click<<<)

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 7
pendean

>>>...the installation process just terminated in about 1 minute...<<<
You chose the wrong installation option. Go get your 2018 software and install it with this method https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/software-downloads/previous-versi...

REVIT 2012 and AUTOCAD2012 are not designed for Win10: they may work now or today, but that's you gambling with your business. One day they will stop. Be ready for that day.
Message 7 of 7
carlahall236

AutoCAD might not run on a Lenovo Yoga 910 due to several potential issues related to hardware compatibility, system requirements, or software conflicts. If you continue to experience issues, providing specific error messages or symptoms can help narrow down the problem further.

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report