Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is Substance running from?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
dkamizelo254
127 Views, 0 Replies

Where is Substance running from?

I installed Maya 2023 for the first time a few hours ago, but after seeing that I wanted to reset some of the setting I uninstalled it again (ignoring that I could just rename the preferences file). Going into the Control Panel I deleted all of the plug-ins (including the Substance one) in order to do a clean re install if the program. However, when I wanted to get it back it said that Substance was already installed even if it was nowhere to be found in on the Control Panel. I went to Adobe's own page to install the plug in myself and after that, I reset my PC. Now the plug-in does appear in the Control Panel (without Adobe's Substance own logo) and in Maya 23's Plug in Manager, but I want to know something: can I finally delete Adobe's Substance installer from my Downloads folder or did the files found in Maya come from its own and not from the Adobe installer? Is there something overwritten? What should I do?

Labels (3)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report