Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VD is starting, please check vendor daemon's status in debug log

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
43627 Views, 9 Replies

Hi,

i just upgraded my license manager from 2012 to 2015, i installed it fine, and i requested a new license file, but the server wont start in LMTOOLS utility.

i get the following error

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
emily.xu
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi

Thanks to participate Autodesk Community!

I think you may have mutiple lmtools running at the same time. Please open windows Task Manager, check if there is lmgrd.exe process running, if yes, end all of these processes, then reopen Lmtools and start the service, see if works.

If still fails,you may need to upload the server status and debug log file to check.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: emily.xu

Hi , thanks for the reply

my problem was, i didnt realise that the latest network licnse manager v11.12 wont work on server 2008!!! so i installed it on a 2012 r2 server this morning and it started successful !!!!

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

Hi emily, i also gor the same problem as Sean. Do you have any idea to resolve this problem?  Thanks

Message 5 of 10
fvadmin

I just ran into this problem as well with a Windows Server 2008 R2 installation, but I fixed it when I realized the hostname of the server didn't match what was in the license.  Once I fixed the server's hostname, it worked correctly.  🙂

Message 6 of 10

I have the same problem ,

please tell me how to resole it finally!

Message 7 of 10
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: 1039522602

@1039522602

Welcome to the community...

You need to go under config services tab of LMTOOLS and attach the "debug" log file here so we can review it.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 8 of 10
lhoyland

Hello,

I have the same issued. When clicking 'Start Server' the following message appears "VD is starting, please check vendor daemon's status in debug log". Where i would expect to see 'Start Successful'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have attached my Debug.log file.

Regards,

Liam.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

My issue was in access rights on file c:\programdata\flexlm\logs\debug.log. I just grant full control to users 'All' on this file and service running successfully.
Message 10 of 10
shihabvp.vlr

it worked.,,,,! when i did ending the process of all daemon related programs in Task manager.

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report