Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading against a time constrait

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
tahdesign1
333 Views, 5 Replies

Upgrading against a time constrait

We have had a very busy few years and are still on 2019.

Our environment is multiuser networked and a new network file for our new license server has been pulled. This file does not support 2019, only 2020~2023 I think.

We are working on getting to 2023 release but I have to step through Vault 2021 to get there (two release upgrade limit).

I am afraid we may run out of time before our existing license file expires that is running 2019 (we are in the 30-day grace period that will end 1/30).

Once Vault is done then MANY workstations must be upgraded. There just may not be enough time left.

My question is can I request a license file that will still run our 2019 products as we develop the upgrade for 2023.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: tahdesign1

a 2023 license file should include 2023-2018

see below

this is for Vault Pro 2023

2023-01-11_12-04-25.png

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 6
tahdesign1
in reply to: DarrenP

I thought the license file only supports current release and 3 back (so 2023 ~ 2020)

I have a new license server running my new file that I am using for the upgrade.

Is there any way I can verify from that file that it supports 2019?

This is not just Vault but IV and AutoCAD as well. Basically, I would like to redirect my licenses at the new server to give us time to develop the upgrade

Message 4 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: tahdesign1

i would go through your reseller to verify or create case with Autodesk

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 5 of 6
DarrenP

read this: https://www.autodesk.com/support/download-install/admins/network-licenses/about-licensing-options-an...

Beginning with 2018 products, package licenses extend to four previous versions.

DarrenP

Message 6 of 6
tahdesign1

Easy enough to test.

I can just make the current seat of IV2019 forget its license server and ask for a new one. Ill point at the new one that has the new file and see if we run.

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report