Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to renew network licenses via registeronce "The system encountered a problem registering or activating your product."

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
autodesk7XQY7
449 Views, 4 Replies

Unable to renew network licenses via registeronce "The system encountered a problem registering or activating your product."

We recently received the reminder to register our network licenses, the reminder contained the following instructions:

Operational update
Reactivate your multi-seat or network license
We have automatically renewed your multi-seat/network license for Autodesk®
software, which was due to expire this month. You just need to reactivate
your license using your original serial number to continue using the
software. We have extended your access to 3 years from the date of
acquisition; in other words, if you have had the license for 1 year you’ll
get 2 more years of access, and if you have had the license for 2 years
you’ll get 1 more year of access.

Take action now to help ensure uninterrupted access to the software you
currently have deployed in a lab or classroom environment:

*Multi-seat standalone license:* Launch the product, click Manage License
and follow the on-screen instructions to register and reactivate. For
another way to find your license information, visit this page

See detailed instructions

*Network license:* Go to registeronce.autodesk.com

and click Register Now. After completing the process in RegisterOnce you
can find your license information and generate a new network license file
on this page

I have attempted to follow these steps in three different web browsers (Chrome, Edge, Firefox) and on each one after logging in, entering the serial number, and clicking Next, I get this error:

Thanks for initiating your product activation. The system encountered a problem registering or activating your product. Please submit your registration information to us in a Customer Service request and an Autodesk representative will contact you.

I am aware of this support page, but this doesn't help me as I don't have the option to create a new account:
https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-Thanks-for-i...

I have attached a screenshot of the error also

I have also followed the link from the error to create a support request, but have not had any response.

Please advise how we should proceed with this

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Simon_Weel
in reply to: autodesk7XQY7

As far as I know, you cannot renew network licenses anymore? You have to switch to named user licenses. See this article for more information.

Message 3 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: Simon_Weel

@Simon_Weel 

they are using student/edu licenses this doesn't apply

@autodesk7XQY7 

you will have to keep contacting Autodesk only they can generate the license file for you

https://www.autodesk.com/support/contact-support?startHelpBranch=post-purchase/download-software

can you see the live chat link on the above page?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 4 of 5

Thanks for the replies. Yes @Simon_Weel I would be surprised if that was the case, given that Autodesk themselves sent me the renewal email only a week ago and it made no mention of these licenses being discontinued.
@DarrenP thank you for that link, that appears to be a different support contact link to what I used previously, so I'll try again.

I just find that the registeronce site is very....temperamental. I feel like it hasn't changed in a decade and rarely works properly.

I will reply back with my progress

Message 5 of 5

Autodesk support got back to me and told me that both my products are licensed until end of next year. But there has been no explanation about what is going on with the registeronce site. I suspect it is broken, they know it is broken, and as a result they are manually doing the renewals as people contact them.
Thanks for the suggestions in this thread

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report