Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add user or start product

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
714 Views, 11 Replies

Unable to add user or start product

Hi,

I purchased a Desktop Subscription for one year of Maya LT two days ago. Since the user wasn't registered after the purchase - waited 15 hours - I've created a new one with the same email address and was now able to download the product.

After a successful installation however, I couldn't activate Maya LT via the launcher. The serial key was correct and I logged in with the same user I've downloaded it.

Adding a user in the account management wasn't possible either. No message but also no user after I tried to create one. When trying to edit the user access of Maya LT I got an exception prompting that an error occured while trying to communicate with the system.

I opened a support case #11269913 yesterday. Within the account management I am not able to open it again via Support / View my support cases. A site opens which tells me that I am either a partner and want to see my downloads or a lost customer, trying to go to the forums (site url: https://autodesk.secure.force.com/OpenCustomerPortal/SSOErrorPage).

It could be the same error as stated in the forum thread https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/new-subscription-can-t-add-user/m-p/5620796/hi... which was handled one hour after submitting.

Please fix my issue aswell.

Sincerely,

Gilles

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Otto
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Krahkarq and welcome to the Autodesk community!

It looks like you need to find out more about downloading or re-downloading software, or are having issues that may be resolved by re-downloading.

For Windows users, before downloading products on Windows 10, please check that the product is compatible.

For general information about downloading or re-downloading (including eligibility), Community members with similar questions found the following article(s) useful:

Download Finder

Previous Versions of Autodesk Software

Download Methods

Find Your Eligibility for Previous Versions of Autodesk Software

Oftentimes installation and/or download issues can be addressed by using a different download method, or by downloading directly from the Autodesk Virtual Agent. Community members with similar issues found the following article(s) useful:

Software & Downloads

Downloading Previous Versions of Autodesk Software Using the Virtual Agent (Please be sure to disable your firewall and anti-virus before downloading)

Performing a Clean Uninstall

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" link, below. Taking a moment to do this will help others with similar questions find useful answers. Thank you!

Kudos (click on the link or the "thumbs-up!" icon), are also gratefully received! (Even a bot likes praise.)

If this answer missed the mark, please let us know so that other community members can lend a hand. Any additional details might help, too: consider including relevant screenshots, log files, error messages, or system specs.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Otto

Praised the bot but it didn't help much.

Naturally I will re-install after a clean uninstall if necessary but since most of the problems occur in the account management site, I hardly think it relates to the installation.

The similarities of my case with the one in the forum link let me think it could be the same problem so the provided solution should be tried first.

Message 4 of 12
camilo.lemos

Hi @Anonymous

Sorry to hear about this issue.

I've forwarded your support case to our Customer Care team with high priority. The team will contact you via email as soon as they have more information or a resolution.

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Camilo Lemos

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hi @camilo.lemos,

Thank you for your efforts. Much appreciated!

Nice day to you,

Gilles

Message 6 of 12
camilo.lemos

You're welcome Gilles, have a nice day too!

Camilo Lemos

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

Since I've read every forum thread with "account", "management" and "user" in it yesterday and found only one which gave me real hope my issue will be fixed soon, I suggest to new Desktop Subscription users who can't add a user or edit user access within a new account to open a support case mentioning that there might be a sync problem with the subscription.

This helped me using Maya as soon as possible and maybe even the support team to locate the issue even faster.

Thank you!

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Same for me. Our IT admin purchased 1 yr for 1 user, me. Gave me the login info so I could download & install. Wouldn't let me launch because I wasnt a user. I logged in as him to add myself, I created myself an account, I've added myself as a user but before activating the splash screen says 'contact your admin'. Myself as a user isn't even showing up under the users.
Message 9 of 12
lynn_zhang

Hi @Anonymous Welcome to Autodesk Community!

Sorry for the issue with your subscription and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. I've created Case #: 11340621 for this issue and our Support Team is working on fixing it as soon as possible. You will be contacted via email once the issue is resolved. Thanks for your patience!

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: lynn_zhang

having the ame problem here

Any answers yet?

Unable to use the software.

A rather exensive white elephant so far 😞

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

... I suggest to new Desktop Subscription users who can't add a user or edit user access within a new account to open a support case mentioning that there might be a sync problem with the subscription.

Try to open a support ticket like mentioned above and your problem should be fixed quite soon.

Cheers,

Krahkarq

@Anonymous wrote:

having the ame problem here

Any answers yet?

Unable to use the software.

A rather exensive white elephant so far 😞

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

Hi,

I'm having the same problem but with AutoCAD LT for Mac.

I'm trying to add a new user via the online autodesk account manamgement site, but it won't allow me to do it. Each time I try to create a new user I just get a perpetual spining wheel.

Also, once the software is installed, and the serial no. and product code enetered during the application lauch, I keep getting prompted to activate but the activate button is greyed out.

Can I please get a customer support ticket please as I am quickly becoming an unhappy new customer.

Thanks,

Justin.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report