Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trueview 2023 Install - Loading error

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
ukhelpdesk
25235 Views, 19 Replies

Trueview 2023 Install - Loading error

Hello,

After having major issues with trueview 2022 installing silently with sccm i am now trying the newer 2023 version. I am able to get the product to install silently but it will only load for the user that installed it. If for example another user logs onto the machine the secondary installer doesnt load correctly and the following error comes up -

Faulting application name: dwgviewr.exe, version: 30.2.53.0, time stamp: 0x61f8ca53
Faulting module name: accore.dll, version: 24.2.53.0, time stamp: 0x61f8c9cf
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000090dbc2
Faulting process ID: 0x2508
Faulting application start time: 0x01d84a97e221044c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\DWG TrueView 2023 - English\dwgviewr.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\DWG TrueView 2023 - English\accore.dll
Report ID: 0d43bc9c-0fac-4056-8a2b-af3841cc5fc4
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

If i install it as that user it works but again any other user it will fail to load. As we are wanting to do this via gpo/sccm when it installs as the system account this is the same behaviour. I dont see anyway to do this en masse to our computers now.

If anyone can help that be much appreciated.

Thanks

Tags (1)
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
taiseikl
in reply to: ukhelpdesk

same issue here in New laptop Windows 11 PRO.

Message 3 of 20
ericbouwkamp

Same on Windows 10 21H2

Message 4 of 20
mdavis22569

Hmmm I've seen 3 tickets about this recently too... 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 5 of 20
m_latz

Hello @ukhelpdesk ,

just tried it and got the same error. This seems to be a general problem.

I look at it and get back in touch ...

regards

Markus

Message 6 of 20
m_latz

Okay, I think I found the reason.

If you install DWG Trueview 2023 the "user-environment" is only installed for the user that currently runs the installer.

If another user tries to run TrueView 2023 a "2nd stage installer" runs and installs the "user-environment".

You see this normally in all "AutoCAD based" products. If the user runs AutoCAD or DWG Trueview for the 1st time.

To know which product should be called AutoCAD or DWG TrueView looks to:

English version:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\DWG TrueView\R21\dwgviewr-6101:409\UserData

French version:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\DWG TrueView\R21\dwgviewr-6101:40C\UserData

Japanese version:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\DWG TrueView\R21\dwgviewr-6101:411\UserData

And there is a wrong product code stored.

To fix :

English version:

Replace {28B89EEF-6128-0409-0100-CF3F3A09B77D} with {59D6ED58-7BB2-4F80-9632-D1DEA3E8E2BC}

French version:

Replace {28B89EEF-6128-040C-0100-CF3F3A09B77D} with {2FEEF0A9-75C6-4A72-90AB-26E8ED49B980}

Japanese version:

Replace {28B89EEF-6128-0411-0100-CF3F3A09B77D} with {3F3C50D9-80D2-4F74-90EF-0B6FD73490DC}

ProblemTV2023.png

I try to prepare a transformation to fix the problem during the install.

In the meantime you can manually replace and try if it is working for you.

regards

Markus

Message 7 of 20
taiseikl

Great !! It solved the issue, I tested. Now perfect ! Well done mate..

Message 8 of 20
mdavis22569

@m_latz 

Make an AKN for this .. so we can share it as needed .. 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 9 of 20
m_latz

Okay I have created a transformation for the dwgviewr.msi file so that you can fix / apply the modification during the install of Autodesk DWG Trueview 2023.

The transformation works for all languages of Autodesk DWG TrueView 2023 (English, French and Japanese)

Unzip the attached file and copy the file to the same location as dwgviewr.msi

ProblemTV2023ApplyMst.png

"installParams" after modification:

installParams="TRANSFORMS=x64\dwgviewr\LcsTv2023Hfx.mst ADSK_SETUP_EXE=1"

regards

Markus

Message 10 of 20
m_latz
in reply to: mdavis22569

@mdavis22569 

I have not yet created an AKN article. Is there a template or some help how to create ?

regards

Markus

Message 11 of 20
ukhelpdesk
in reply to: m_latz

Thanks you for this. Deployment is now working once the MST is included!

Message 12 of 20
Alvin-Ng

Thank you @m_latz for the overview! 

Apparently, Autodesk hasn't fixed it yet for the later updates (hence the change in product code) but the correct product code can be found in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\UPI2\{468E72AC-D14D-41C3-9816-54F5115DA89D} or you can also use ORCA on the MSI file.

Using this product code in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\DWG TrueView\R21\dwgviewr-6101:409\UserData solved the issue for me.

dwg2023-fix-regedit.png

  dwg2023-fix-orca.png

Best regards,

Alvin

Message 13 of 20
rcastaneda-fbc

Changed the name of the registry key as described above, and still does not load. Thoughts?

EDIT:

Alvin-Ng's fix worked for me! Thank you!!!

Thank you for all your help,

Message 14 of 20

It's scarcely imaginable that this would pass testing and is now the case over TWO versions of the product.

We're not talking about a fringe usage case here : installing this product with SCCM or Intune must be common in hundreds if not thousands of companies worldwide. As I understand it, in any scenario where a service account is used to install it, the product will behave in this manner.

There is a solution further up kindly provided by M.Latz, but that applies to the previous version only I presume. As things stand I'm contemplating registry import batch files and other such nonsense just to correct something that should never have been published, and frankly it's laughable that it's not been corrected since. 

Poor packaging truly is one of the worst crimes that software companies inflict on IT departments...

Message 15 of 20
m_latz

The current version of DWG TrueView 2023 should work. Or use my transformation. If you habe problems, just upload your log file here, than I will take a look.

regards

Markus

Message 16 of 20
smsSTK3H

FWIW I downloaded the latest 2023 version last week and am having this same issue.

Edit: Alvin-Ng's fix worked - thank you Alvin.

Message 17 of 20
donald.tossell

Alvin-Ng's worked for me as well! Thanks to Alvin and everyone else who contributed!

Message 18 of 20
molinari_riccardo

Your solution worked for me too.
Great.
Message 19 of 20
Ross_Manson7P9CX

I followed Markus' manual instructions on replacing the product code in the registry, and it did not work, so I read down a little further and took Alvin's suggestion to view the MSI product code with ORCA, where I found that Markus' product code was wrong for my version of Trueview 2023.  I applied the MST file as Markus suggested and installed the product again on a test machine.  Now it works.  It appears that Markus' MST file pulls the correct product code probably out of the MSI and applies it correctly.  Works like a charm.  Thanks Markus and Alvin.

Message 20 of 20
bavor1911

Same problem in my environment: Azure/Entra ID managed devices (~10k), end users have no admin rights. 

Solution/workaround:

1. browse to https://www.autodesk.com/products/dwg-trueview/overview
  2. click on the desired TrueView version to download it
    --> a small file starts downloading:  "Create_Installer_... .exe" file (~15 MB).
  3. run this exe. You must be able to give an account with admin rights when asked. 
  4. done! This way the TrueView software will also work for users without admin rights. 

Where it went wrong before:

when you paste the full long URL to the setup file in the address bar of your browser, it will download another much bigger setup file: "DWGTrueView_..._dlm.sfx.exe" (~1 GB!)

You can install this without problems (if you can give an account with admin rights when asked), but after installation this software will only work when you run it as a user with admin rights!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report