Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with Install - Lots of GUI Prompts

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Mark_BCD
447 Views, 2 Replies

Trouble with Install - Lots of GUI Prompts

Hello Folks, 

I am having trouble getting AS setup on my Laptop. I previously had AS 2020 but we never really used it, I tried it last week and got a lot of GUI Prompts. I updated to 2022 and thought it would resolve the issue but it hasn't. For example I can't pick any steel members (Screenshot 1) or adjust the Project Settings (Screenshot 2).

I have tried numerous reinstalls in the last 24 hrs, have installed AutoCAD, AC MEP (in that order) and also have Plant3D 2021 installed. I got no errors during the install and a quick search through forums brought up no-one with issues to the extent that I do with GUI and UPS prompts.

All advice welcome!

Thanks

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
johnjmbennett
in reply to: Mark_BCD

This issue is typically database access, the user access maybe not set to read write, or it has become toggled to read only.

it can also be linked to the database access via your sql server.

if you have installed multiple times, you should check the program data folder under Autodesk, then look for the advance steel folder, it tends not to remove these and you may need to manually rename or delete them. 

could be several things,  it is a case of looking and trying to get back to a fresh install.

John Bennett
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Mark_BCD
in reply to: johnjmbennett

@johnjmbennett Thanks for those tips. I did go in and try to do a clean install as recommended here https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Clean-uninstall.html but it didn't solve the problem for me. I have seen someone else mention about the toggle issue with the read/write. My folder had that selected, but when I turn it off it made no difference. Is there a procedure to follow to on this as I think I may be missing a key step in the process.

Many thanks for your reply,

Mark

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report