Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too many problems to fit in this title...

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
348 Views, 2 Replies

Too many problems to fit in this title...

OK. So I was using Maya 2014 on my computer. Oh joy! Then I had a serious problem with the computer and all hell broke loose, dead drive. So I had to reinstall everything. But Maya 2014 won't work anymore. 2016 is OK but I can't stand it. Aweful version.

So here we go:

I'm on a Mac, by the way.

When I try to install 2014, I get this error message three times during installation:

RegisterPkg Error An unexpected error has occurred during execution of the main script. ZipImportError: can't find module 'uninstallerSQLDB'

Then after installation I get this: A licence error has occurred, contact tech support. Error code is 110.

I did some research on this. Apparently I need to completely uninstall 2014 and make sure I install service pack 3, which I thought I did already. 

The instructions to uninstall the software are to trash the Maya 2014 directory in the trash and run two commands in the shell:

adlmreg –u S 657F1 2014.0.0.F

adlmreg –u N 657F1 2014.0.0.F

But I get this error message:

Invalid number of arguments.
usage: ./adlmreg -i N 657D1 657D1 2011.0.0.F 000-00000000 /Library/Application Support/Autodesk/Adlm/PIT/MayaConfig.pit
       ./adlmreg -u N 657D1 2011.0.0.F

Now I'm getting very frustrated. I called customer support. The call suddenly stopped. Funny, this only happens to me when I talk to customer support. Then I got an email saying they are sorry for what happened, please email us the problem. So I concluded that the guy couldn't understand my English and just dropped the call on me. He never replied back. I email them again. No answers. So today I called again. Support guy couldn't help me. Asked me to call tech support. After 30 minutes of 'your call is important to you, please hold the line.", I hanged up. So now I'm turning to the community, hoping to get better support. 😕

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Otto
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello riouxr and welcome to the Autodesk community!

It looks like you're getting Error 110 during activation. This error typically occurs when something in the licensing folder is corrupt.

The following instructions should help you resolve the problem:

For Mac, please uninstall your current version of Maya and install this Service Pack.

For Windows, please uninstall ALL Autodesk software and then delete the folder containing the licensing components and then re-install. Here are the steps to do this:
  1. Uninstall Autodesk software
  2. Delete C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm and all contents
  3. Delete the ADSKFLEX files in C:\ProgramData\Flexlm
  4. Re-install autodesk software.

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" link, below. Taking a moment to do this will help others with similar questions find useful answers. Thank you!

Kudos (click on the link or the "thumbs-up!" icon), are also gratefully received! (Even a bot likes praise.)

If this answer missed the mark, please let us know so that other community members can lend a hand. Any additional details might help, too: consider including relevant screenshots, log files, error messages, or system specs.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Otto

Yep! Service Pack 5 was the answer. I still had the zip errors but Maya is working fine so I don't care. Thanks Otto!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report