Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The AutoDeskLicenseManger service on Local Computer started and then stopped...

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
1771 Views, 13 Replies

The AutoDeskLicenseManger service on Local Computer started and then stopped...

Hello

I've generated license for AutoCAD 2020 and Inventor 2020, registered products.

I've installed LMTOOLS as usual, set up licensing service, providing generated license file

Problem is that service doesn't start at all

Please see error message attached on screenshot.

What could be wrong? Never had this issue with Autodesk 2019 products.

< Edited title for better support. > 

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

Is that the name of service you have in LMTOOLS?

Also is this a Citrix box running Autodesk Software?   I noticed the Citrix services...

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

yes, AutodeskLicService is the name of my service I created in LMTOOLS 11.16.2.1 (I also tried 11.16.2.0 before)

yes, it is Citrix virtualized environment

used to work perfectly for AutoCAD 2019, I am struggling now with 2020 for the first time. Service doesn't start at all, even if I restart that VM.

Message 4 of 14
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous 

Did you know you can't run Autodesk products under Citrix unless you have single user subscription based license.  To continue to use the network you need an exception from Autodesk.

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous

really? Didn't know that... is there any more information about this?

Message 6 of 14
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/download-install/install-software/virtual-installation  But it doesn't get into the information about contacting your reseller and they work with Autodesk to get your exception.

Mark Lancaster

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

your link says "page not found".

I work with schools and I have registered Autodesk products for them (Citrix, network multi-user license) without any issues and these 2019 deployments still work, didn't need any exception, so I am kind of surprised that it doesn't work anymore. Am I able to license 20 clients classroom via single license on Citrix?

Message 8 of 14
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous 

Sorry try this link https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/download-install/install-software/virtual-installation    But since you're school/educational related, its not needed (and you can disregard what I stated)

Anyhow having the exception or not doesn't prevent you from not doing it.   It could (from those with commercial license) lead to an issue if an audit had occurred.

Back to the original issue..   I also noticed in your image there's another Autodesk license service that's been disable.

If the 2019 is still working where is that getting its information from?

Mark Lancaster

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous

yes, Autodesk SW for schools is for free..

regarding services, I did the same as for previous installations... set up service in LMTOOLS and pressed "start server" button. Previous 2019 installations just worked (service started and it does autostart after VM reboot), this one simply doesn't as you can see on screenshot (that other not running service is just leftover from my testing and troubleshooting). So. I'm puzzled...

Message 10 of 14
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous 

You don't need separate services for each version of the product.   Are you still running 2019 at the school?

Mark Lancaster

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous

every school has its own license server, so that's why

and yes, I've just checked the one I installed last year and it works perfectly...

Message 12 of 14
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous 

Server OS?  2012, 2014, 2016, 2019?

Also can you take a screenshot of the config service tab in lmtools?

Mark Lancaster

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous

so, this is solution...

I never had to do this change .... but now, I have to...

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Autode...

Message 14 of 14
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous, 

Yes, 2020 products function differently the service needs to run with the local system account. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report