Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student - Product Key Issues Maya 2018

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
468 Views, 2 Replies

Student - Product Key Issues Maya 2018

Hi all, 

So I have had a recent issue with my Maya 2018 suit for Mac for about 3 days after going through many deep troubleshooting  methods I managed to find one that hits the root of the problem in my case, its worth mentioning that this is something that needs to be tested but have a hunch it will fix the issue here is a link to the article from Autodesk if anyone wants to read it. 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Maya-2018... (I have downgraded my Mac OSX to 12.6 just to clear things up more)

My current situation an why I believe my Product Key might be causing the issue after starting up Maya on a separate user account I created, I managed to start Maya 2018 up with no issues only when running in Trail mode, now here is where it gets clear to me that the Product Key was the purpose of my Maya not starting up, after I saw everything working I closed Maya a few times and opened it back up to be certain it was not a fluke, so I then decided I'm ready to activate my user account, I entered my product key and bam! somehow Maya managed to trace my Product key to my current device and restored something back to its original code or broken code in my case, and after going through with it I started Maya 2018 back up and there it was the problem that I have been trying to fix for 4 days was being caused by my Product Key so I wanted to find out how I can get my current Product Key terminated and be given a new one to work on? and to also further test this solution if it resolves it then maybe that might need to be suggested in the Maya 2018 Forum for both Win & Mac systems. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Product keys are not assigned by individual.  They are product specific, meaning everybody using Maya 2018 has the same product key.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hi @Mark.Lancaster 

I'm sorry I meant my Serial Number instead not the Product Key, I couldn't re-edit the words after realising 10 minuets or so later that I made the mistake : /

Kind Regards

Ahmet  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report