Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student License renewal

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
Anonymous
9839 Views, 23 Replies

Student License renewal

So I have Maya 2020.

Around 30 days ago I started getting a notification that my license was going to expire. Autodesk states that you can renew a student license for an additional year if you request it. 

I did so. A Autodesk rep told me my license doesn't expire until December of 2021. Every time I launched Maya it asked me to activate my software. 

2 Days left on my license and the Autodesk rep has been no where near helpful. Just giving me the same copy and paste responses to my questions. (uninstalled and reinstalled Maya twice per their recommendation) Now Maya says there is an issue with my license even though before I uninstalled it, it stated I still had 2 days. 

This is beyond frustrating, how can I learn the software without access to it!?

Please any help is appreciated

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm having the exact same issue. I am a College Professor and have gone through the renewal Process multiple times over the years, with no issues.

I just renewed my license as I've done in the past, I received an email confirmation that the renewal had been approved and that my license was active until April 2022. When I launch Maya, it says during the splash screen that my license is verified and I get a green checkmark. Then Maya loads, in Trial mode and tells me I need to renew.

I've had multiple Students report the exact same issue. Autodesk support has been sending cookie cutter support responses to everyone I've checked with, myself included.

So far, all suggested solutions are the basic "Do a full uninstall, and fresh re-install of the application". Been there done that, doesn't work.

Also, all of the support documentation links that have been sent to me (and my students) have been links to solutions that are aimed at people with stand-alone local licenses and serial numbers, or network licenses. Since Maya 2020, Autodesk switched to a "Sign-In" License verification, and no longer provides serial numbers to education licensees. SO those link are all useless.

The funny thing is, all of the emails are coming from support advisors on the Education Team. They should know better.

I've asked them if there is any way I could speak with higher level support, so far, no response.

I've been using Maya professionally for 20 years, and been teaching it for almost as long. I've gone through a few activations in my day. This is the first time I've had this specific issue.

If anyone from Autodesk sees this, I am begging you to get in touch with me so I can get this figured out for myself, and my students.

cory.avery@humber.ca

Help!

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous

Cory,

Hope they get back to you. I asked them to escalate me to a supervisor for assistance as the customer support rep kept linking me the same articles that didn't do anything.

Apparently it has been escalated but in the mean time I had to download 2022 to continue my work but that has somehow caused an issue with my ticket? I don't understand what Autodesk wants students to do at this point.
Message 4 of 24
Anonymous

I just want the community to see how frustrating it has been to get assistance with this issue.
4/8/214/8/214/09/214/09/214/09/214/09/215/5/215/5/21

I have been instructed to do the same thing 4 times, even though I had stated that this process did not assist in fixing the issue and eventually lead to exacerbating the problem. The CSR sent me the same instructions twice in one day and then went a whole 30 days before "troubleshooting" the problem with me.

I've asked for a supervisor at least twice now and the same rep keeps responding with no acknowledgement to what I am telling him.

Message 5 of 24
leowarren34

Hi @Anonymous,

Firstly; let's check when your education access expires - your access lasts for a year and when you renew this your products should automatically be renewed provided they are in support. https://www.autodesk.com/education/edu-software/overview 

For me I see this:

2021-02-21 23_08_04-Window.png

If the date has not yet passed then you have educational access, if not then this where you need to renew.

If this date has passed look in https://manage.autodesk.com/ -> Products and Services.

Make sure you see the product and also expand the product box to ensure you have licenses to the versions you have installed.

Let me know how this goes and we can move on from here. Reinstalling will not help you if you don't have an active license in the first place.

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 6 of 24
tjaypeek
in reply to: leowarren34

No matter what I try, I can only get a maximum extension of 2 days for student access autocad and revit. This occurs after I get the congratulations you are eligible pop up. I contacted tech support and my case is still in limbo as they enjoy their holiday break. Surely someone else has this or a similar problem and can post a solution. Perhaps there is a file that needs to be tweeked that will cause the registration to actually go through.

Message 7 of 24
leowarren34
in reply to: tjaypeek

Hi @tjaypeek,

Is the date on the website only changing by 2 days?

If that's the case that's an Autodesk problem and not an issue that can be fixed locally.

Leo Warren
Message 8 of 24
tjaypeek

Yes, the expiration date in the software only increases 2 days. I guess it is that bug I have been reading about. I hope they fix it before classes start again.

Message 9 of 24
leowarren34

Hi @tjaypeek,

What date do you see on the educational websitehttps://www.autodesk.com/education/edu-software/overview

The date on the website determines your software expiry date.

Leo Warren
Message 10 of 24
tjaypeek

Perhaps I am not looking in the correct spot. I do not see a date anywhere on the page.

Message 11 of 24
leowarren34

Hi @tjaypeek,

If you click the Sign In button under the Get Started button, you should see a date on the banner like below:

2021-12-31 00_38_00-Window.png

Leo Warren
Message 12 of 24
tjaypeek

The date that is shown is Dec 9, 2021.

Message 13 of 24
leowarren34

Hi @tjaypeek,

This means your account has not been restarting your educational access, I don't know why you were able to log in for 48 hours at a time.

Do you see a restart option?

Otherwise, this will definitely require support which should be back next week.

Leo Warren
Message 14 of 24
yas004

I'm having the exact same issue here. My educational license expired on Nov 11, 2021 and there is no button to renew it. I'm not the only case and I hope Autodesk can fix it ASAP.

Message 15 of 24
cusolile

I too am unable to access fusion 360. It says that my license is active until October 2021, but I did submit a renewal request that said I was good for another 12 months.  Wondering how I can resolve this asap.

Message 16 of 24
tjaypeek

Forget about ASAP. I just received another email from support. The solution probably will not be found any time soon. They call it the renewal bug and they are working to fix it. Apparently many of us students have been bitten by it.

Message 17 of 24
mdavis22569

@Anonymous 

were you able to get this resolved? 

@tjaypeek sorry you had so many issues ... Are you all set? 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 18 of 24
tjaypeek

No resolution or further contact from tech support. I have moved on to other endeavors.

Message 19 of 24
mdavis22569

Did you see the new post about a renew / activation issue fix .. with the signing out etc and coming back in? 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 20 of 24
tjaypeek

I just received an email from tech support. I do not know if they fixed everyone's problem at once or if they must proceed case by case. Anyways, my date advanced like it should have and my problem has been resolved.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report