Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student licence products on multiple computers

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
38276 Views, 7 Replies

Student licence products on multiple computers

Hello,

I am wondering on how many computers can I install program which are under a student licence? I noticed there are 2 seats available for every program, does that directly correspond to the number of computers it can be installed on? If I uninstall the program from one computer do I then have one more "seat" available?

I would be grateful if somebody could answer my questions or even expalain this in further detail.

Thank you for your answers and best regards.
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Otto
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello peterropac and welcome to the Autodesk community!

It looks like you need help uninstalling - or have issues that may be addressed by uninstalling - an Autodesk product. Community members with similar questions found the following article(s) useful: The following article(s) should help you resolve the problem:

Uninstalling a Product

Once your product is uninstalled, please try downloading your Autodesk Software using the Virtual Agent (Please be sure to disable your firewall and anti-virus before downloading)

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" link, below. Taking a moment to do this will help others with similar questions find useful answers. Thank you!

Kudos (click on the link or the "thumbs-up!" icon), are also gratefully received! (Even a bot likes praise.)

If this answer missed the mark, please let us know so that other community members can lend a hand. Any additional details might help, too: consider including relevant screenshots, log files, error messages, or system specs.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 8
Darin.Green

Yes, when you generate the serial number from the Education Community for use on student machines, you can install on upto 3000 machines. If you need more then you'll need to request more.

Uninstalling the software doesn't get rid of the license nor does Autodesk monitor these uninstalls, so the answer is to simply install and activate the new machine.

UPDATE:

Sorry, for student licenses you can only activate upto 2 machines. If you need to uninstall from one machine and install and activate another one, you'll need to use the license transfer utility found in the Start Menu.

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 4 of 8
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community...

Students are allowed to install on 2 devices or machines.  If you install and then uninstall technically that installation is no longer active but it doesn't reset your counter at Autodesk.   If you have 2 machines currently activated then you are good to go.  However in the history of your serial # you may have 4 activation listed out there..  You could have a computer that fails and unable to use..   So you are entitled to install on another machine so you can use it.  But in the end, student license can not be installed on any school, university, or college assets 

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Hello @Mark.Lancaster @Darin.Green

I am not sure if I can ask this question on this subject or I have to make a new subject. 

But, I would like to ask question regarding installing same software on multiple computer too.

I already installed Autodesk CFD 2015 on my first computer. It worked well.

Then I installed Autodesk CFD 2016 on my second computer using the same student autodesk account and it also worked well. 

The problem is that I want to upgrade the Autodesk CFD 2015 to 2016 version on my first computer. But, I didn't find the instruction of how to upgrade the software to the newest version. So, I decide to install Autodesk CFD 2016 on the first computer wihtout uninstalling the 2015 version. But, the installation failed. 

Does it happen because Autodesk count it as the third device? Sould I uninstall the CFD 2015 first? 

Thank you for your answer

Message 6 of 8
Darin.Green

First, Autodesk products doesn't upgrade the product in the sense you're referring to... Each install is it's own instance which stay separated from the previous installed version. That said, you only need to install the 2016 version side by side with your 2015 version. Since you're a subscriber to the Autodesk products, you're entitled to have the current version plus 3 versions back, so you can have 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014 installed on the same system.

Seeing as though the 2016 installation failed, please post the installation log file found in the %temp% directory.

Also, make sure you're downloading the software from the Autodesk Virtual Agent

• Once there, use Download Links and navigate to the application you need to download.

NOTE: If there are multiple parts for the download, you'll need to click each part to download them, once they are downloaded double-click Part1 (which will automatically extract the remaining parts) to begin the installation.

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Dear Autodesk,

What happens if I need to replace my laptop, but I do want to lose the program. Can installed on the other device because I try to do it? However, it did not give me the option of installing again when clicking on the program in the Autodesk website it said you already installed. But, what happens is that my computer stopped to work so I could not uninstall from that device. How can I do in this case? I will appreciate your advice.

Thank you!

Claudia Sofia Acuna

Message 8 of 8
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

First this is not Autodesk.  This is a user based forum where users assist other users like yourself.  Smiley Wink

@Anonymous wrote:

What happens if I need to replace my laptop, but I do want to lose the program.

I assume you meant you do not want to lost your student license.

Students are allowed to install on 2 machines owned by them as long as they signed up and attending a qualified educational institution.  Are you?

Not sure what message you saw about not able to install..  Did it appear while selecting the product to download/install or at the time you were going through the installation steps?

Anyhow,  there's a couple of ways to properly download and install your Autodesk product to your machine.  Please review this article and the solution it provides.

If the installation does fail using the preferred methods, please post your installation log file here so we can review it.

Posting info: Sometimes the installation log file contains the serial # that was assigned to you.  Open your log file using Windows Notepad and perform a search on "/SN".  Depending on the number of installation attempts, your serial # may be located throughout the log file.  If present, remove or "X" out your serial # prior to posting.

Good luck on your installation and report back on your progress.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report