Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Licence for Autocad 2014

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1924 Views, 6 Replies

Student Licence for Autocad 2014

I downloaded a version of Autocad 2014 23 days ago from the educational page. It was supposed to be a 3 year free version but I was not provided with a licence at the time. A message came up instructing me to use a 30 day trial version and chack back for teh licence. I have done that to no avail. I even uninstalled and reinstalled to see if the licence would appearbut it didn't.

Although I still have 7 days left on my trial, I am unable to use the program. There is an error message: An error has occured on the script on this page. And it has thir URL:http://autodesk.needle.com/pageload?v=0D8CF0&cid=N190d144096346483822c0021524979981b8979b6913179b697...

So I have no access even to the rest of my free trial & can't finish my assignments!

It is impossible to get a hold of a person and chat is NEVER available!

Any help/direction (that hopefully works) much appreciated. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
matthew.d
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about the issue. Could you please make sure that you are properly signed into the program? You should also try submitting a request for assistance with the education community.

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 3 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: matthew.d

@matthew.d wrote:

.... Could you please make sure that you are properly signed into the program? .....

Properly signed into what program?  I don't even know what this means?

Is there anybody at Autodesk that is tracking this re-occuring problem that dozens of students are reporting here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: matthew.d

Hi Mathew D.

I have done both to no avail. Please would you look into this case for me and issue me a student licence for AutoCAD 2014 and 2016.

I hope I hear back. I really have tried MANY things, and spent hours trying to figure it out.

I had to uninstall AutoCAD 2014 because it was a 30 day trial (in lieu of being issued a student licence-studying at MiraCosta College-already signed in and have account). I was never issued a student licence. There was a message saying I should check back later for a licence but it was never there.

I downloaded the 2016 version from the student/educational page hoping this time I will pay attension and look out for the licence in the confirmation email, but instead and was given the same message: a licence is not available at this time, please use trial version for 30 days.

I have read through pages and pages of Q & A's and gone through all the explanations of how to retrieve my licence after download if it was unavailable at download time (which in both cases was unavailable to me), There is no place under my account page where I can retrieve a licence!

PLEASE would you issue me student licenses for both versions as the trial copies keep getting script errors on them which I don't know how to fix.
I have several other classmates who have had or still having the same issues so please don't close my case and help me out. (I received a message from Autodesk saying they have closed my case even though it is not resolved yet.)

Thank you in advance.

-Shilla

Message 5 of 7
jeffrey.sin

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry about that. At the moment, the only workaround for this issue is for you to create a new Education Community account using a different email address. With a new account, you should then be able to obtain the license to activate your software. Kindly let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: jeffrey.sin

Hi 

Would i need to re-download the programs to get the licence for them? I don't think that would work as I have already started the trials and I only have one computer. I probably only have 3 days left for Autocad 2014 and 27 or so days left for Autocad 2016.

What if I still get the same message (a licence is not acvailable at this tume please use the 30 day trial? which I have a horrible feeling would happen again)

What assurances do you have that thjis method will work and why did it not work for the other 2 downloads?

My concern is that I may be missing a crucial step although I have read through every thing.

Please would you give me a step by step account of exactly how to start and if I need to uninstall and re-install any of teh software.

@jeffrey.sin wrote:

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry about that. At the moment, the only workaround for this issue is for you to create a new Education Community account using a different email address. With a new account, you should then be able to obtain the license to activate your software. Kindly let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

Thank you.

Message 7 of 7
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:
>Would i need to re-download the programs to get the licence for them?

You should not have uninstalled anything.

All Autodesk software initially installs in 30-day trial mode.  So - once you have it installed and running correctly, you have that part of the installation process completed successfully.

The next step is to Activate your license to convert your trial to 3-yr Student License.

To Activate your 3-yr trial you need the student serial number.  That is where the system is failing you.

The only way I have seen posted here to get around that failure of the system - is to create a new student account with a different email.

Then simply start the download process to generate the Student Serial Number. You do not need to uninstall your trail and you do not need to fully download the software again.

Start the program and when it says 3-days left on trial (or whatever number of days) click on the Activate button.  Enter your serial number.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report