Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard AutoCAD 2024 - English

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Martin_SharpU2SQ6
554 Views, 9 Replies

Very simple question:

I have downloaded 'AutoCAD 2024 - English' and 'Civil 3D 2024 Metric' and they have come with two other products:

Standard Autodesk Civil 3D 2024 - English

What are these other versions of the programme? Or, maybe the better questions is: what is the difference between the different versions?

Thank you for your time 🙂

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

@Martin_SharpU2SQ6 ,

@Martin_SharpU2SQ6 wrote:

Or, maybe the better questions is: what is the difference between the different versions?

Compare them:

• Autodesk Civil 3D  Autodesk Civil 3D® design software empowers civil engineers to meet complex infrastructure challenges in a 3D model-based environment.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 3 of 10

Thanks for your reply. I understand the difference between Civil 3D and AutoCAD, but i don't understand the difference between AutoCAD and 'Standard' AutoCAD. I have a short cut to both on my desktop but can't work out what the 'Standard AutoCAD is. Same with the C3D

Message 4 of 10

@Martin_SharpU2SQ6,

Never seen the "Standard" AutoCAD, but compare their shortcut properties and see if it's the same file.  It could be one is Imperial and the other Metric.

ValentinWSP_0-1710167374428.png

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 5 of 10

they have different file paths and one is slightly bigger than the other.

maybe soething weird with the ownership properties (one is 'system' and the other is administrator). only other real difference is the file paths might have a clue at the end?

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2024\Acad.exe" /p "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2024\ACAD Standard.arg"

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2024\acad.exe"  /product ACAD /language "en-US"

and one product has something about 'UserDataCache' and the other does not.

Maybe this just remains a mystery?

Message 6 of 10

@Martin_SharpU2SQ6 ,

I suggest you ask your system and network administrators - it may be related to this link:

ValentinWSP_0-1710497015828.pngValentinWSP_1-1710497082941.png

Emilio Valentin
Message 7 of 10

thank you, I'll put that to them.

Message 8 of 10

IT have accessed the folders, they are present and intact.

All versions work, but the question is which version should i be using? (What are the different versions)

Message 9 of 10

@Martin_SharpU2SQ6 ,

@Martin_SharpU2SQ6 wrote:

Very simple question:

I have downloaded 'AutoCAD 2024 - English' and 'Civil 3D 2024 Metric' and they have come with two other products:

If all versions work, is really your preference.

Personally, I would use the Standard Autodesk Civil 3D 2024 and use the Drafting & Annotation workspace, which will display the user interface components related to AutoCAD drafting and annotation.

Emilio Valentin
Message 10 of 10

"

Standard Autodesk Civil 3D 2024 - English"

They are one in the same

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report