Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standalone version of Autocad still asks for user name and password

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
darrenguillory
732 Views, 6 Replies

Standalone version of Autocad still asks for user name and password

All,

A client of ours is using standalone versions of Autocad and when their users open up a drawing it is asking for a username and password as if they are using a network license. They cancel the popup and continue working but it is becoming annoying since it happens every time they open a drawing. Does someone have a suggestion on how to stop this issue from happening. I have enclosed a screenshot of the popup.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
S.Faris
in reply to: darrenguillory

Try Resetting the Settings : To Reset the Application to the Default Settings

SALMANUL FARIS

Message 3 of 7
S.Faris
in reply to: S.Faris

Check this solved thread on something similar : How to stop asking proxy at start

SALMANUL FARIS

Message 4 of 7

@darrenguillory 

This has nothing to do with the licensing of AutoCAD.  They are tryng to connect to a given server needing log in information.  This is not Autodesk related.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 7

Mark what do you think my next step should be since this popup is still popping up? LOL

Message 6 of 7

@darrenguillory 

Based on a search.   That IP address is showing to be a private internal network address.  I would start a command prompt in windows and type ping 172.17.0.8 and see if anything comes back.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 7 of 7

Thanks Mark. I will post any results from my client and keep you informed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report