Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketchbook crashes on installation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
576 Views, 2 Replies

Sketchbook crashes on installation

When I start sketchbook_8.7.1.0_win64.exe as An Administrator locally on HD, on a Windows 10 (64bit) machine with all updates installed, I get the "I agree" choice.

If I click Next I get the next install screen, I can see it start installation, but it crashes after a few seconds.

Sketchbook is not installed.

Tried installing in compatibility mode,  also with NVIdia or internal graphic card, this makes no difference.

Read the hints and searched the forum, but could not find a similar problem.

Hope you can help

Grtz

Michel

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

Re-run the installer but do not hit 'Next'.  With the UI still running,  type in the search:

%temp%

Then change folder to 'details' view.  Look for the RARSFX1 folder and navigate to it.  COPY the contents to a new folder on the desktop. 

If you now cancel the installer, it will delete the folder.  Run the Setup.exe  file that you have copied to the desktop folder and choose the 'Run As Administrator' (Right Mouse Click > Run as Administrator ON "Setup.exe".)

Setup.exe.png

David Lau
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Thanks!
Running setup.exe did not work.
Running SketchBook8.0.0.msi did the trick.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report