Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
454 Views, 1 Reply

Silent install issues

I'm having some issues getting the silent install for AutoCAD to work. 

We used to use SCCM and everything worked great. We moved over to a different product, and sometime after that the silent installs stopped working.

I've gone through the steps to create the install package for AutoCAD 2021, but when I try to use the setup.exe and .ini file that it generates to install the software, nothing happens. 

This is an example of the command line i'm trying
"C:\Users\username\Desktop\AutoCAD2021\Img\Setup.exe" /I "C:\Users\username\Desktop\AutoCAD2021\Img\AutoCAD2021.ini"

There is no silent switch because I just wanted to get the software to open, which it did once but won't do again. If I just go click on the setup.exe file, nothing happens either, just a security prompt to run the file.

Any ideas?

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
natasha.l
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous, 

I recommend reviewing the information regarding distributing Autodesk deployments. Located in the root folder of the deployment location is a batch file, containing command line parameters which can be used to install the deployment on a client machine. The batch file contains command line for a silent installation (commented out in the batch file, so you must remove the comment syntax to use this command line).

How to install Autodesk Products silently

Autodesk Software Installation, Licensing, and Deployment

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report