Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Serial Number] ~ Maya 2018 S/N exceeds field length

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
4419 Views, 13 Replies

[Serial Number] ~ Maya 2018 S/N exceeds field length

Hi everybody.

I've just recently started to attend a Maya 2018 course.
The Autodesk partner provided me with an offline Maya 2018 installer, along with the instructions to retrieve a product key and a serial number from my Autodesk private page.

Once I was done installing the software, the built-in registration form asked me to fill in the data I received.
Everything ok with the product key, but it seems the serial number is unsuitable: the registration form asks for a [3+8] characters serial number, while the one provided by Autodesk is a [3+9].

I have absolutely no idea what went wrong.
This is what I did step-by-step:
- Signed-in to reach my Autodesk personal area
- Selected the software version (Maya 2018)
- Selected my operative system (Windows 64-bit)
- Selected my language (English)
- Copy/paste the serial number into Maya's registration form....except the last digit is left out, thus the obvious error!!

I've also tried to uninstall Maya and reinstall it through the online installer provided in my Autodesk personal area, but I get the same result.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

Autodesk is experiencing issues with generating serial #s (as of Friday)..  It hasn't been resolved and its the weekend so nothing is going to fix until next week.  Just run the product in a 30 day trial until the issue is resolved and a new serial # is issued to you.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

I have the same problem. I received a serial number with 12 digits without the hyphen!

Do you need to contact you for a new serial number or will you send the new one automatically? 

Message 4 of 14
Mark.Lancaster

I'm a user. I don't send other users serial number. You will need to contact Autodesk to have this resolved

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 14
BenediZ

Hello,

I have an educational license, too.

In my account I can see the serial number for Maya 2016 and 2017, but nothing for Maya 2018.

How can I generate this serial number? Or is it the same, that I have to wait and look some weeks later?

Thanks,

B.

Message 6 of 14
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: BenediZ

@BenediZ

Please do not hi-jack other threads and change the subject matter.  Create your own posting.  Just because you have Maya 2016 and 2017 doesn't mean you automatically get Maya 2018.  Are you still attending a qualified educational institution?

Mark Lancaster

Message 7 of 14
BenediZ

Hi Mark,

sorry and yes of course I am still eligble, otherwise I wouldn't dare to ask.

I did not see it as hijacking, because the thread was about "not getting an educational S/N for Maya2018" and told Autodesk is experiencing issues with generating serial #s.

I thought it's quite the same topic.

So it means I have to contact the Autodesk support...

Best,

Ben

Message 8 of 14
lynn_zhang

Hi @BenediZ

Sorry to hear about your trouble with the educational license. To get Maya 2018 SN, you will need to download the 2018 version from Education Community. Then you will receive the SN for Maya 2018. It's the same number but you need to download first.

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 9 of 14
lynn_zhang

Hi @BenediZ

I see you have already got the serial number for Maya 2018 from Education Community and the SN has now appeared in your account. You will be able to activate 2018 version with this SN. Let us know if you need any further help! Smiley Happy

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 10 of 14
Anonymous

I have the same problem. One serial number too long.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous

That was 2017 im asking 2021

Message 12 of 14
leowarren34

Hi @Anonymous,

Unless you have a multi-user license then you won't have a serial number,

Use Sign In to activate: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/download-install/activate/subscriber-activation 

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: leowarren34

That only gets me to the management admin. When I open the downloaded
autudesk lt it closes on me saying trial has ended.

Message 14 of 14
leowarren34

Does a license appear in manage.autodesk.com for AutoCAD LT (Under products and services)?

The article has just been updated, it used to show that you just your Autodesk ID to log in and activate.

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report