Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCCM OSD installation error code 16389

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
licensingX4M2F
60847 Views, 2 Replies

SCCM OSD installation error code 16389

Windows 10 1703

deploying with application model. 

when i try to run autocad 2019 installation during OSD i get installation error code 16389 in the smsts.log file. Content that gets downloaded into the cache is good as i can manually install it by CD there from the command prompt and run the installation command.

i get the above for 

autocad 2019

aritechture 2019

inventer2019

civil3d

however Revit 2019 will install fine during OSD

no logs are created for the software that are failing and according to the log its failing 6 seconds after it launches the install program.

Any idea whats going here?

i suspect maybe something with .net or other libraries that get installed.

Tags (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
natasha.l
in reply to: licensingX4M2F

Hello @licensingX4M2F

Where you sure to test the Autodesk deployments for each one of those applications locally? If the Autodesk deployment is working properly its SCCM, if the Autodesk deployment fails create a new one. 

Please “Accept As Solution” if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 3 of 3
licensingX4M2F
in reply to: natasha.l

The packages install no problem when ran manually.

The SCCM error code appears to happen when one of the dependencies run. 

The error 16389 appears to relate to .net,  This error code was being passed the smsts.log file. 

I had to check the “Run installation and uninstall as 32-bit process on 64-bit clients.”. under the programs tab in the application settings.

https://saskitguy.wordpress.com/2017/04/27/sccm-deploying-net-framework-4-6-2-fails-with-error-16389...

This is what fixed it for me. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report